ch38 children dr edit

pml

the morning came and many worshipers crowded in along with someone familiar, inari and her siblings.

she didn't lie about visiting from time to time and she kept at it as if it was a life or death ritual. with that ayame and her siblings grew somewhat close during their visits, and today was one of them.

"ne ayame sama..."

"hmm? what is it taka"

ayame responded to the timid boy sitting on her lap while saya the sister played with her hair.

"do you know how to play the shinobue?"

"hmm i believe so at least i think i do"

taka tilted his head confused by her words as he looked up at her. inari was the only one that knew she wasn't human she hadn't told a single soul about her including her younger siblings.

"waaah really? taka go get it!"

Saya smiled peeking over ayame's shoulder. taka immediately got up from her lap running towards the exit of the pond room where they stayed at, he reached towards a cloth bag he had brought with him pulling out a shinobue from within.

he quickly ran back with the shinobue in hand bringing it to ayame.

"oh my taka when did you bring that?"

inari who had just came back to pick them up noticed the long object in his hands, with an worried expression she walked towards them as they sat at the end of the doc.

"i brought it because i wanted to hear ayame sama play it..."

"yeaah inari onee-san okasan isnt here to play it for us anymore and onee-san doesnt know how"

Saya pouted at inari making her sigh in response of her retaliation.

"sorry ayame sama this is something our deceased mother would do for them occasionally, do you think you can play a song for them?"

ayame looked down towards the expecting expressions on their faces before it traced down towards the old yet carefully cared for shinobue.

"i can try but don't expect too much"

she said smiling as she took up the shinobue bringing it up to her lips, carefully placing her fingers on the correct positions she took a deep breath closing her eyes.

pm

a high pitched and windy sound emitted throughout the room and down the halls bringing a serene song, inari and her siblings stayed silent as they watched in awe.

her technique wasnt the best but ayame strived to do her best for the two children who missed the sound of their mother playing, putting her all into her muscle memory she played hoping it would work out and not disappoint them.