ch16 a girl? edit

a few days have passed and occasionally Kagekis presence would appear from time to time, as if he was waiting for something to happen. and during that time douma had to hold off his cult activities to be extra careful, though it was a well-known fact he was cult leader douma didnt want him stealing his prey.

but in a weeks time which felt like a millennia, he eventually stopped appearing seeing nothing was happening, because of that douma became quite busy.

the temple was thrown into chaos, worshipers bustled throughout since the crack of dawn, being swiped away by the worshipers ayame hadn't been able to even catch a glance at douma.

it was an unusual feeling for ayame who was used to having him stick to her like a stain, though she didn't mind, it felt strangely out of place.

She walked around along the halls passing by and observing their activities, with her hands hidden within her sleeves, the long fabric of her kimono dragged behind following her light footsteps.

forcing a smile she waved towards the new faces that walked by, faces she would most likely never see again since they would all fall prey to douma eventually.

"maybe having douma sticking to me isnt as tiring as i thought" looking out towards the open rooms, the sun hadn't even rised to its full glory.

has time always passed so slowly? wishing for the tiring day to pass faster she closed her eyes, even though ayame didnt participate in any of the cult activities having to put on a mask for the thousands of people walking by was tiring enough, especially those who recognized her from the festival and would try to ask her for blessings and the such.

Unlike some of the other upper moons, she wasn't as skilled at change her appearance or keeping it for long. Though altering her body and not needing to eat humans had its benefits, it also had its drawbacks.

she continued her stroll within the safety of the walls around her, and in the moment she was about to take another step she was alerted by a small weak tug at the hem of her sleeve, glancing behind was a small child with dark hair staring intently at her.

turning her face towards the child she kindly smiled, crouching down to meet the little boy still holding onto her sleeve.

"what is it little boy did you need something?"

she said sweetly giving the child a pat on the head.

"pretty"

said a high pitched voice.

Ayame's eyes rounded in confusion, the owner of the voice didnt belong to the boy who stood in front of her and yet she didn't see anyone besides them.

looking over the small boys shoulder she saw sonething flash past at the end of the hall, tilting her head to the side she noticed two other children hiding behind the corner, their little heads peaked out from the side with sparkles in their eyes.

"are they your friends? come here"

Ayame gestured towards them fanning her hand, but it only startled the children as they retracted their heads concealing themselves.

"what do we do taka we got found!"

" but nii chan isnt hiding..."

they whispered amongs each other, cupping their mouths in attempt to stay stealthy. without noticing a hand reached towards them.

"you two"

"AAAAH"

the little girl fell down in shock looking back at ayame who was leaning down towards them with a dumbfounded expression, her hand hanging infront before placing it back on her knee.