Ch75 rr

After the battle came to an end everyone was lucky for making it out alive without any severe wounds, all except tengen who had lost an eye. as per his promise with his wives he retired from his position as a hashira to live a quiet life back at the shinobi village.

Kyojuro immediately collapsed into a deep sleep back at the comfort of his home after receiving treatment from shinobu, and it had been two days since he woke up.

Kyojuro POV

I could feel a comforting light shining on the side of my face waking me up from my slumber, I struggled to pull my eyelids apart with a groan as I sat up blinking my tiredness away. I dazily stared out the open shoji of my room to hear the cheerful voice of ayame whom I assumed was running around helping senjuro with the house.

It has been quite a long time since the day I met her, and during this passage of time I could see her slowly change, compared to those cold dead eyes I saw in that garden she now had a more cheerful shine in them.

Even though I could tell not all of her smiles and laughters are genuine it makes the ones that are all the more precious when I get to see them, and hopefully I can be the one to make her genuinely smile all the time.

I raised my arms up to stretch out my limbs before reaching a hand to pull the covers off my numb legs from who knows how long I've been asleep.

"Ah kyojuro! You're awake!"

I turned my face over to see ayame hurriedly skip over with an elated look, she immediately fell to her knees abruptly cupping my face with her hands staring close into my face.

"Are you alright? How are your injuries is anything hurting?"

She said flipping my head from side to side as I just smiled awkwardly with closed eyes and a muffled hum, I grasped one of her chilling hands from my face that helped me fully wake up.

"I'm fine ayame don't worry!"

"Really?"

She asked in a soft tone, I chuckled opening my eyes to see her peering over me as my sights set on her soft parted rosey lips. I could feel myself slowly drawn into them and before I knew it I had pressed a thumb upon the bottom of those lips as I slowly started to lean in.

 I could feel myself slowly drawn into them and before I knew it I had pressed a thumb upon the bottom of those lips as I slowly started to lean in

"Kyojuro?"

Her call snapped me back to my senses as I realized what I was about to do, I could feel a warmth spread upon my cheeks I quickly backed away thinking of an excuse.

"A-Ah sorry I uh just noticed how sharp your fang was!"

I blurted out. She stared at me with round eyes and a tilted head, I leaned my head back with closed eyes realizing what I just said as a excuse she must think I'm crazy I thought even though she had already said so many times since the day we met.

A small alluring chuckled erupted from her as I looked down to see her laughing expression with a hand held close to her mouth, I smiled happy that I was able to make her laugh

"Kyojuro what's gotten into you"

She said giggling.

"Do you want to see them?"

She surprisingly asked with a smile, even though it wasn't my original intention, I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little curious to see what they're like in a different light, from the ones I have seen countless times bathed in peoples flesh. I gulped with a nervous smile nodding and just like that she closed her eyes and opened her mouth.

Ever since a while ago I could feel myself being drawn to her more and more, and whenever I'm spending time with her I could always feel a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart.

It isn't an unpleasant feeling but instead I seem to like it, lifting a hand up I reached towards ayame and befor my hand reached her I was startled by a sudden humm.

Ayame turned her head around as we both looked towards the hallway and to my surprise young kamado's sister was peeking her head from the side.

"Ah nezuko, did you come to see kyojuro?"

Ayame reached her arms out as the little girl ran into her arms in a hug humming in response.

"Aoi sent her over earlier today, she said she had been a little lonely since tanjiro is still resting from excessively using sun breathing from the mission as well as his wounds"

"Hmu I see! Young kamado did a great job during the fight he deserves the rest"

I folded my arm across my chest as I watched ayame hug her as nezuko wrapped her arms around her neck, she layed her chin on ayame's shoulder to stare at me with a tilted head, confused I naturally did the same and tilted mine along with her.

"Oh right kyojuro now that you're awake, would you like to accompany me to the wisteria mountain where the thing called final selections are? I heard it's a grand view so I was hoping to go see it"

"But don't demons usually detest it and stay away from it? Not to mention it's poisonous for you as well"

"That would be the case but strangely I'm not effected by it as much as the others, I found out one day when I was out with Douma he had a huge reaction towards it while I on the other hand hadn't even noticed until I got close, I don't exactly know if it has any effect on me apart from ingesting it's poison since I've stayed away from it most of the time, but I would like to see it at least once while I'm here"

She leaned her head back to meet her gaze with mine, peering in her crimson eyes I noticed just how beautiful they were. They were like a pair of captivating rubies, ayame had told me she hated them but no matter how much I look at them I couldn't find a reason why.

"Alright, then why don't we go tonight?"

She nodded with a chuckle