Ch94 rr

Two weeks has passed since their visit to the shrine, and it has also been a week since ayame had left the corps due to not being assigned any missions and Kyojuro's adamant suggestion to stay inside at night.

Though she had come to question his unusual overprotective behaviour but decided not to pond over it to much, despite not being able to shake off this weird anxiety.

So in the meantime she spent her time at the butterfly estate helping, or with the kamado siblings. And just recently she discovered that tanjiro had been working with tamayo in sending her blood samples of demons, in order to create a drug to turn humans back into demons.

Upon hearing such great news she wanted to contribute by giving him some of her blood to send to tamayo, no matter how much she hated the fact she did indeed have a lot of muzans cells roaming in her veins.

It was the crack of dawn to another bright morning, ayame felt a slight movement shuffling around besides her in the covers of her futon. Still in a half awake state she huddled up closer to the moving entity she was facing towards while pulling her knees closer to her chest, she heard a low chuckle as a warm hand pressed upon her cheek.

Her eyes slowly opened up to find her sight met with Kyojuro's chest, she closed her eyes once more while she squirmed even closer to kyojuro whom was planking down on his forearms beside her.

"It's still so early... are you going on a mission?"

She mumbled as she was being soothed to sleep by Kyojuro's gentle hand.

"Right"

"Then I'll come with you"

Ayame replied sitting up on her forearms as well covering her yawning mouth with a hand.

"No, you should rest more and besides I'll be back quick!"

"But kyojuro, resting is all I've been doing these days, I haven't left the corps for a week, I'll come back at night time alright?"

She whined, kyojuro pondered her request and agreed that keeping her within the corps forever just for the sake of protecting her isnt the best, and if she chose to he wouldn't be able to stop her from leaving . it would be best for her to be outside where she is with him and if it was only during the day it would be fine, since muzan wouldn't risk his life just to bring her back.

"I guess that's fine! I agree it has been awhile since you went outside, but promise you'll come back by nightfall"

Ayame's eyes unnoticeably widened at hearing that strict request once again, "something definitely happened that night" she thought.

"Yes I promise"

Smiling with a small giggle she leaned up to kyojuro for a small peck on his lips a good morning kiss you could say, and immediately after while still leaving kyojuro bewildered she skipped towards the shoji.

"I'll go make some breakfast for the trip"

Laying a hand on the side of the shoji she glanced back to see the tips of Kyojuro's ears burn red, satisfied with his reaction she left the room with a grin.

Once he heard her footfalls slowly fade into the distance, kyojuro slowly melted back onto his pillow burying his burning face within it.

"Aurghhhh...get ahold of yourself Rengoku kyojuro!"

He thought propelling himself up from the sheets he prepared for his day quietly to not wake up the others whom are still sleeping, ayame later came back to the room after having gotten changed herself with his flame cape drapped over her crossed arms.