ch28

the raspy voice of a much older man roared throughout the mansion, surprising both ayame and senjuro as their eyes widened together at the same time.

"father..."

senjuro whispered, ayame tilted her narrowed gaze behind her shoulder to see senjuro's slightly frightened expression.

she set him down to the ground and held his hand tight, heading towards the origin of the scream behind the estate cautiously to inspect the situation. upon turning around the corner something immediately flew towards ayame's right side where senjuro was.

giving a quick side glance she moved her left arm over to block the object from senjuro, a sharp pierce ripped through her skin as it sheathed a nichirin sword, stopping its movement centimeters before senjuro's eyes.

turning her view back she was angered by the sight of a disheveled old man holding kyojuro by the collar, practically choking him as his face scrunched up, her eyes narrowed down into a glare.

"Ayame san! Ani-ue "

senjuro called out comming out from behind ayame.

"SENJURO WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING  BEHIND A DEMON AND BRINGING THAt THING TO OUR HOUSE!"

"f-father"

he clenched his fist in front of his chest, as tears formed in his eyes by his fathers sharp words. grabbing the hilt of the sword ayame pulled it out of her forearm with a wince, watching the cut merge together and disappear.

"I suppose you're the owner of those sharp glares i kept feeling?"

"ill kill you"

he grumbled with a menacing stare.

"will you? or are you planning on killing your son you have by the collar there first"

he looked over to see kyojuro's complexion slowly turning blue, he let go dropping him to the ground as he gasped for air, holding his neck with one hand coughing.

Kyojuro peeked an eye open towards their direction out of concern, noticing the bandage wrapped around Senjuro's arm.

"senjuro what happened to your arm?"

"there was a demon attack in the town but ayame san managed to save me"

Kyojuro's eyes rounded as Senjuro's words registered in his mind, piecing everything together, ayame's sudden anger and disappearance and the mark that was on senjuro's head, he smiled.

"thank you ayame for saving senjuro"

an irk mark appeared on the older man's head and a hard fist formed.

"what do you THINK YOU'RE DOING THANKING A DEMON"

a punch headed towards kyojuro's face, watching his knuckles close in on him he was prepared to receive his attack, but it never happened. A pale hand stood before him and his father's fist brushing a wind through his hair from the impact, flickering it like a small flame.