Ch76 dr

"So why did you come find me so suddenly"

Ayame chan asked releasing the flowers in her hand into the night sky carried away by the beeeze, I sat down beside her laying an arm in my knee.

"It's so lonely back at the temple without you ayame chan and it's so hard to see you"

Whining I wrapped my arms around her smaller figure, with a cheek against the side of her arm. compared to normal humans I would've normally felt a warm touch, but like me ayame chan had a cold touch that spread though my limbs like a frost. I felt a hand placed on my forearm making me turn my eyes up towards her face.

"Hmm... I'll go to you next time, after all if you keep meeting me out of the blue you may end up finding the corps location, and I can't have that happening can I? Unless something happens to me stay at the temple alright?"

I puffed my cheeks up I didn't like the idea that I can't even go to her when I wanted and instead I had to wait for her to come to me, but our next meeting may be a lot closer than I expected.

"Oh right ayame chan that girl that visits you sometimes at the temple wanted to see you"

"Inari?"

"Mhm! She came to me earlier today and when I told her you weren't there anymore she was really sad"

"I guess, but meeting at the temple would be too dangerous right now"

She closed her eyes and leaned back dragging my down with her as we layed in the flower field under the starry sky, seeing how free and peaceful she's now compared to when I first met her I could mistake her for a stranger.

She used to be so cold and full of glares, even the slightest contact with her would put me at deaths door in human terms.

Now ayame chan even lets me lay with her like this and there's more light in her eyes then before, I can only wish to see her change from afar now that we've been split apart. if only I could break free from these chains like her would we have lead a different life together?

I thought imagining a life with her, one where I can freely express my love, a day I can only dream of happening in this life.

"Ayame chan is slowly being her real self now"

Her eyes fluttered open with a light swirl in those crimson eyes, turning to face me moments later her soft lips turned up into a small smile. I could feel my own eyes slowly widen as I witnessed her lovely expression, I have witnessed many of her smiles before but have they ever shinned as much as now?

"Am I?"

I chuckled grabbing a hand that layed on her stomach I brought it up towards my face planting a kiss upon her knuckles, "this will have to do for now" I whispered under my breath.

"I would like to say you're being weird but then again when have you ever been normal"

She said chuckling with the sides of her eyes creasing from her smile, she had always said she loved my eyes and wished she had different ones, but in this moment I wanted hers and hers only.

"Ayame chan~ do you want to trade eyes?"

She didn't react like I expected, no matter what weird things I say or do she always treated it as if it was normal everyday thing and from time to time she would humour me.

"What made you suddenly say that?"

"Ayame chan always liked my eyes right? But I want ayame chans and I would do anything for you"

I said tightening my grip around her as I nuzzled my head on her collarbone.

"Really? If I asked you to cry for me would you?"

The moment she said that I raised my head with a tear forming in my eye slowly welling up until I felt it trace down my face.

"If ayame chan so wishes for it"

"You never change, you and your amazing ability to fake your emotions"

She said wiping my eyes with her thumb sighing.

"I'll meet her at her at her house tomorrow night"

"Do you know where she lives ayame chan?"

"She lives at the town near the temple doesn't she? I'll just ask around when I get there"

"Alright"