Ch113 gratitude dr

She changed into a long simple kimono, and tied her bell around her obi like she always did in the past

She changed into a long simple kimono, and tied her bell around her obi like she always did in the past. Next she slid on her haori and pulled out her long loose hair from under, letting it fall against her silhouette. Ayame grabbed the letters she had written the night before, addressed to those she wished to speak to once more, storing it in her obi.

She took one last look at herself in the mirror, making sure to hide any of her new features, including the symbol in her eyes. Gazing at her unchanged self from the past when everything was a bliss, she wondered if everything would've played differently if she never danced that day. If she made different choices, would things have come to such a pitiful end? She put on her best smile and closed her eyes, letting her body shatter into roses like a broken bouquet.

She arrived outside of the ubuyashiki estate, and as expected ubuyashiki had already expected her arrival.

"Welcome Ayame, I'm pleased to see you alive"

He said with the same comforting tone, despite his own condition. Compared to when they last met, nearly all of his body had already been affected by the curse. Confined to what would be his death bed, heavily bandaged and yet he still smiled.

"Oyakata sama I..."

She stopped mid sentence, unsure how or what to say to explain the things that have happened, and the potential danger she brought.

Ubuyashikis smile widened sensing her disheartened aura, sitting up with the help of his wife amane he slightly coughed before facing back towards ayame.

"Ayame, please, come closer"

She stood still for a few silent moments, contemplating whether she should or not in fear of bringing him harm, and the chance that he would see through her as if she were glass. But in the end like a coercion of an angel, she couldn't find the heart to decline, and eventually she found her footsteps slowly but hesitantly move closer.

She sat down seiza style before him in an acceptable distance, waiting for whatever words he harbours for her, whether It'll be hatred or fury anything she was ready to accept them all.

"What happened in the past was not yours to blame... I want you to be lifted of this burden and to live on, and keep fighting for your own sake, and those who you cherish and feel the same for you"

ayame's eyes glistened at his words as the image of Douma turning to smile at her appeared in her thoughts, "how ironic for him to be the first one I think of, I used to hate him so" she thought with a tender smile.

"As expected of you oyakata sama, nothing can be hidden from you...well then I should probably be in my way, thank you for everything oyakata sama"

"Okay, I will be here eagerly awaiting for the day where I will receive joyful news from you"

He felt her presence slowly slip away along with the sound of her stealthy footfalls, praying that her path will be as easy to walk on as this paved sanded garden.

She took her time savouring the way towards the butterfly mansion, a place she walked through multiple times enough for every corner to be embedded with a memory.

"Oi kyojuro slow down, your injuries haven't healed yet!"

"I'll be fine! We're almost there!"

*****

"Akami san! Akami san! I really enjoyed fighting with you, let's go on a mission together again sometime!"

*****

"GYAHAHAHA FIGHT ME DEMON"

"IDIOT BOAR, SHE HAS A NAME ITS AYAME SAN!"

"Sorry Ayame san, they're always like this"

*****

"You were quite flamboyant! I'll acknowledge you as an ally"

"Thank you for saving me akami chan, I really appreciate it"

"Mhm! You should come visit use sometime akami! We have really nice hot springs!"

"Suma is right, we'll wait for your visit"

******

"I'll trust you for now, but if you ever do something suspicious or hurt even a hair on Kanroji's head I'll come after you!"

*****

"I never thought I would meet another demon like you apart from the kamado girl"

*****

Echoes of the past sounded like a musical performance accompanying a show, it felt as if she were watching it happen again. Memories were quick to poor in, but as quick as something comes it's just as quick to leave. She felt a familiar pounding and lightheadedness she did not miss, frowning with a hand on the side of her head she temporarily stopped in her tracks.

"It seems I spoke too soon..."

Looking towards her left reminded her of the path that led to the place she and gyomei met, knowing if they had met again it would break the little trust he had in her after failing to keep her promise right away. She decided to pick up her pace, and complete her task as soon as possible.

The cold night of winter grew ever more chilling with the piles of snow crunching under her footsteps, just barely licking against the skin of ayame's toes on her tall okobos. As she got close ayame prayed that neither zenitsu or tanjiro was present, knowing their heightened senses would only make it harder for her to leave undetected.

She left the letters neatly side by side on the engawa of the estate, leaping away hurriedly after like a bird taking flight. Ayame couldn't let herself be discovered by kyojuro by teleporting to his house, leaving her with only the choice to go somewhere near there by foot, hoping she had not been found.

Ayame had always detested going outside during winters like these, especially when she couldn't rely on her Kekijutsu to take her around, as it reminded her of the day she was running down the mountains, being chased by a demon. It was the same cold and sharp feeling against her cheeks, and the same dark and snowy view clouded by the most of her breath.

She made it outside the town where they lived, looking around for a suitable place to deliver her promise and final dance. Ayame had thought the one at douma's temple would be her last, she chuckled a pure laugh and found her place on a snowy hill. Sending a flow of crimson into the air, she sent it to where he was.