ch39 promise me?

the peace and quiet was suddenly broken when she felt an alarming burn in her blood. it was a sign that her Kekijutsu had been placed in effect alerting ayame of an upcoming danger.

she quickly got up hurriedly alarming douma who was sitting besides her, but unlike the incident with senjuro there was an disturbing uneasiness that came along with it.

"ayame chan?"

"i need to step out for a bit"

she quick stepped out towards the halls whilst digging her thumb into her palm.

"Kekijutsu dandelions pilgrimage"

tracing towards her target she appeared in the air to witness an unfavorable situation. kyojuro's opponent was someone she knew and also one of the six demons she didnt want to see.

clicking her tongue she landed in between the two, no three figures creating a border between them.

kyojuro's eyes widened from her sudden appearance and was just about to say something before ayame did first.

"sigh its almost like déjà vu, now then is there anything you want to say... daki"

ayame said giving a side glare towards the girl with an expression of both shock and displeasure wondering why ayame was standing by the slayers side instead of her's.

"what do you think you're doing ayame! are you betraying "him"?"

ayame scoffed.

"how can i betray him when i was never on his side? And I thought you had shut yourself in yoshiwara"

"yo-"

ayame flaunted her aura letting it bleed throughout the area before she could speak another word, enough to suffocate someone from the sheer pressure attempting to intimidate daki in hopes she would back off. because if she chose to fight and brought out the other person hiding within, it would be troublesome to deal with.

"so what will it be? daki"

she said in a low angered voice. veins bulged on daki's face as she barred her claws, clicking her tongue she glared back at ayame.

"I'll be telling "him" about this, lets see if you'll still be so arrogant then ayame"

she leaped away into the sky making her presence scarce. ayame's eyes followed up before blinking letting out a sigh.

though the current problem was resolved she couldn't relax quite yet, as something much deadlier was waiting.

rr

ayame hung her head down with a dark shadow casting over her eyes as she heard the sound of a sheathing katana.

"ayame why did you let her go? wouldn't kibutsuji muzan find out about you?"

he said with downturned eyebrows.

"don't worry about me, as long as you're safe im fine"

"bu-"

"you should head back to senjuro now, im sure he's worried I'll meet you tomorrow at the garden the sun is coming up"

she turned around to face kyojuro with a forced smile hiding any signs that could cause him to be suspicious, in moments like these she had douma to thank because of his flawless acting she was able to pick up a trick or two.

"alright then ill be waiting!"

he said with his signature smile back upon his face.

nr

ayame hung her head down with a dark shadow casting over her eyes as she heard the sound of a sheathing sword.

"ayame why did you let her go? wouldn't kibutsuji muzan find out about you?"

he said with downturned eyebrows. she stayed silent for a few moments before glancing towards her side with a small grin.

"im sure everything will play out just fine, now you should head back to senjuro im sure he's worried"

he decided to trust her words, knowing ayame wasn't the type of person to say something she wasnt sure about, he let out a deep breath replacing his worried expression with his signature smile.

"alright then!"

cr

ayame chuckled with a smile, she held out her hand towards him.

"I'll send you back before i go, after all this may be the last time i can do this for you"

she said whispering the last part in a sullen tone.

"thank you ayame"

once she waved him goodbye she immediately went back to the temple, and thankfully the light of the next morning bought her some time to prepare.

"ayame chan that was quick"

"douma..."

"yes?"

he said tilting his head with a bewildered expression as he gazed at ayame, though she had always been a quiet person he felt something off like a itch he couldn't get rid of.

"remember our bet? i will be using my request now"

"hmm? so suddenly? alright what is your request ayame chan"

she lifted her head up and there was a dull look within her eyes the same ones he had saw in her when they first met, the eyes of someone with no hope.

rr

"tomorrow night if something happens to me i want you to go to that garden on the mountain and meet the hashira i told you about without killing him, and tell him that im dead"

his eyes widened holding a hand out reaching towards her.

"ayame chan what do you mea-"

his eyes widened even further as ayame took a step back avoiding his touch.

"just promise me alright?"

looking at her state he realized no matter what he did she wouldn't answer his questions no matter, his hands dropped down to his side he forced a closed eye grin.

"alright ayame chan i promise"

dr

she leaned her head onto his chest causing his body to flinch back from her weight.

"if anything happens to me tomorrow promise me you won't do something rash that will threaten your life"

his eyes widened as he placed his hands on her tense shoulders

"ayame chan what do you mea-"

"just promise me alright?"

she snapped back in a worried tone, this was the only way she could protect him because if he knew what would happen she was sure he would do something risky that could cost his life.

"please douma..."

her voice trembled, looking at her state he realized no matter what he did she wouldn't answer his questions no matter what, his arms wrapped around her as he leaned his chin on her head

"alright ayame chan i promise"

cr next chapter