Ch93 rr

They all made their way to the backyard, and those who knew about his relationship with ayame all watched him closely in worry.

"Rengoku san are you alright?"

"What do you mean kocho? I'm perfectly fine I'm sure everything will be fine!"

He nervously laughed hurting the other members ears from his loud voice, unlike ayame and shinobu he wasn't the best at hiding his emotions, however hard he tried to seem alright inside inside he was in a state of panic and worry worried that something will happen to the love of his life.

Shinobu sighed looking over her shoulder to Mitsuri who was standing with a hand over her mouth, she gestured a hand towards the Rengoku estate. Mitsuri nodded with a determined expression somewhat understanding what shinobu meant she grabbed obanai by the arm and started to head towards the Rengoku estate.

"Come on iguro san we have to go get someone"

She whispered.

"Oi shinobu, what is going on with him today? He's even louder than before it's getting annoying, is he sick?"

Sanemi said glaring at him from the distance as kyojuro continued to ramble on about random things while laughing.

"Hmm, I wouldn't say he's sick with a cold or anything but you can say he's sick with worry"

Shinobu smiled keeping her answer vague to prevent sanemi from finding out they're engaged, especially since he was one of the people who disapprove of ayame being a demon in the corps the most.

Sanemi raised a brow at her not fully understanding what she meant when he caught sight of Mitsuri awhile later when observing rengoku, bringing ayame who was holding a wagasa towards them. he continued to watch wondering why she would bring her now of all times when kyojuro suddenly passed by him walking stiffly and fast.

"Mitsuri san? Is something the matter?"

"It's nothing serious I just need you to do something for us Akami san"

Mitsuri said pulling her by the arm, ayame tilted her head towards her and suddenly the sound of incoming footsteps caught her attention. Looking forward was kyojuro who was charging straight at her, ducking under the wagasa he pulled her into a tight hug as if he was catching a bird from flying away.

 Looking forward was kyojuro who was charging straight at her, ducking under the wagasa he pulled her into a tight hug as if he was catching a bird from flying away

She slightly yelped from the sudden gesture as he nuzzled his face in the crook of her shoulder.

"Ara kyojuro? What's wrong did something happen in the meeting"

Patting his back to comfort him something lit up in sanemi as he came to a realization, and thing that was on ayames hand only proved his realization further as he froze in place.

"S-shinobu... don't tell me are they"

"I'll leave that up to you"

Shinobu left giggling along with everyone else after witnessing ayame somehow silence him putting their mind at ease, they relocated back to the Rengoku estate with Kyojuro's arms stuck around her like glue.

Ayame sat down on the engawa with kyojuro laying on her lap arms wrapped around her waist, ayame ran her fingers through his golden locks comforting him from whatever it was that was ailing him.

"Are you feeling better now?

He peeked his face away from ayames stomach with a little pout, ayame lifted her left hand that was placed upon his head and kyojuro took this chance to quickly intertwine her fingers with his pulling them close to his chest.

"You won't suddenly leave me one day will you?"

Ayame's eyes slightly widened from the sudden question, with a giggle she closed her grip on his hand.

"What's gotten into you? Of course I won't leave you"

Kyojuro broke a smile, pushing himself up he gave her a sweet peck on the lips from under falling back onto her lap momentarily.

"I love you!"

"I love you too"

Her eyelids suddenly became heavy as if they were being pulled down by an unknown force, she tried to blink it away only for it to be harder for her to open her eyes back up each time. Kyojuro noticed her odd behaviour as she covered half her face with the palm of a hand slightly frowning, he got up sitting besides her worriedly and anxiously when the thought of muzan plagued his mind he asked.

"Aya are you alright? What's wrong"

He hovered a hand over the one ayame had over her face, slowly her hand slid down revealing her barely open eyes.

"I think I may have forgotten to ask shinobu san for a blood pack this month"

"Then take some from me like before!"

Without hesitation he started to pull up a sleeve from one arm but ayame was quick to reject it as she pushed his arm down shaking her head from side to side.

"It's fine, I won't be going anywhere so I'll just sleep for a while"

She looked up with a smile, kyojuro sighed pressing a kiss on her cheek he held her within his arms as she layed her head on his chest. She instantly blacked out like a switch, and kyojuro noticed that this was the first time he had seen her go into a coma. Chuckling he reminisced the past days when he practically had to chase her down to prevent her from doing so, but here she is sleeping peacefully in his arms, he covered her with his cape and leaned his cheek on her head.

******

despite ayame's previous explanation kyojuro was still worried the whole time she was asleep. She was completely still without so much as a heartbeat or flutter of breath, the only thing preventing him from thinking she was dead and would never wake up, was the fact she was a demon and demons turn to ashes when they do.

He checked up on her every hour of the day making sure she was still there, especially because of the events of muzan he was always on guard. Luckily ayame had only been asleep for two days, and the light pounding of her heart returned to her body.

She had regained her consciousness, and the first thing she noticed was a familiar warmth around her. Her eyes slowly opened to a narrow noticing a blurry vision of something before her, and within moments she realized she was laying in the embrace of the one she loved. the two were cuddled up on her futon, her head layed upon his upper arm, with the other comfortably draped over her hip.

"Oh! Aya you're finally awake!"

He greeted with a chuckle looking down to her as ayame looked up, a smile cracked upon her lips as she wrapped her arms around his sculpted neck pulling herself closer in to his warmth. Kyojuro folded over the arm that rested under her head to give her a wake up hug, ayame's eyes noticed that he was holding something within the same hand as well as it hovered over his shoulder.