ch24 cold edit

"I'll be heading out now"

"hai see you later ayame chan"

waving her goodbye with a bright smile ayame left. tracking the mark she left on Senjuro a few days before, she reappeared near him, and thankfully he was at home.

hiding her aura ayame planted a foot down in their gravel garden, the same place she had left from that day, not knowing she would be returning so soon.

"ah ayame san!"

she heard a familiar call from behind, glancing over her shoulder she saw little senjuro standing by the corner of the engawa with a towel wrapped around his small neck.

"senjuro..."

tapping his feet he ran up towards her.

"did you come to visit?"

"ah no not this time, i left a few items in the kimono i wore that day is it still here?"

he looked down with a narrowed gaze all while holding his chin, he pondered for a minute.

"is it perhaps a fan and a bell?"

he asked looking up back towards ayame.

"ah yes"

"ani-ue took it with him early this morning to his mission"

he said as a yawn formed between his lips, blinking and rubbing his tired eyes with the back of his hand to stay awake.

Ayame chuckled and patted his head.

"thank you, do you know where he went?"

"i think i heard him say he was heading to asakusa"

"asakusa huh its a good thing I've been there before, alright senjuro you should go to sleep now you seem tired ill come visit you another time"

his eyebrows downturned feeling slightly disappointed, he was hoping to spend more time with ayame but his increasing drowsiness didnt allow him to do so.

"alright"

he nodded stepping up onto the engawa outside his room waving her goodbye, ayame gave him a smile before he headed in and disappearing once again.

******

a swirl of petals relocated on top of a roof in asakusa, reforming her body ayame landed down with a clack of her okobo. letting out a breath through her lips she scanned her eyes around the crowd, and not long after her eyes caught onto his unique ombre hair that stood out within the crowd like a sore thumb.

"found you"

Ayame muttered looking down at the fiery demon slayer as he walked by the people with his bright smile.

kyojuro's eyes widened catching on to the feeling of this aura of hers appear, grinning enthusiastically he shot a quick glance through his hair towards her direction before continuing on with his search, he decided to faint ignorance of her presence.

Ayame watched him from afar as he walked around looking for signs of the demon that he had come to slay, sitting on the roof her eyes followed him as he went from one district to another.

"shall i drag it out for him?"

she thought closing her eyes, ayame embraced the wind blowing through her carrying the sounds of the people around, and within it hid the sound of her target.

jerking her eyes open a fearfull scream was heard outside of the town, kyojuro had also noticed as he dashed with an inhuman speed through the crowd blowing a wind past them.