Ch92 dr

The moon was at its highest and so was ayame's anxiousness, there were many times when she thought of leaving the corps to keep its location hidden from muzan. But she didn't want the hunters to misunderstand her intentions, especially when everyone is adamantly suggesting she stays in at night.

After being cooped up in the Rengoku estate for so long, she decided to take a stroll around the corps to relieve herself of her worries. She wondered as she walked in her lonesome, how long has it been since I was last alone at night? Usually it was always a clingy demon by her side, or slayers and rogue demons after her throat.

The area was serene and quiet, one wouldn't think thousands of trained swordsmen layed asleep in the very same area. After some time of wondering ayame found herself by a loud roaring waterfall, and it would seem she wasn't the only one there.

"Ara, I didn't expect to meet you here, himejima san"

She said with narrow eyes and a smile, looking over her shoulder to face the intimidating figure.

"Ah how pitiful, it must feel suffocating to be confined within the walls of the corps, you must yearn to be free once more do you not?"

With his hands held together he rubbed them up and down crackling his prayer beads as he approached from behind, ayame chuckled as she looked up to the sky.

"It would be a lie if I said I didn't want to go out in the world without a single worry. but if it means I can stay out of muzans reach I am willing to stay here for millennia's if need be, even so I still have the option to go out during the day though it isn't the safest of options either, it's bearable"

He stayed silent with only the sound of his footsteps as a reply until he stood besides her.

"You are a very truthful child, not many are like that these days"

Ayame chuckled with a sleeve to her mouth, she continued to peer over the starry sky feeling the night breeze blow through her body.

"Did you come here by coincidence like me, or are you perhaps here to watch me"

"The first time I met you at the ubuyashiki estate, I was indeed distrustful to your existence. no matter how righteous a person may seem it may only be a front for their own devious agenda, but yet you did not run away, you did not let those who despise you bring you down, and most importantly you continued to be resolute and true to your heart despite being at odds with fate. and for that I will put some trust in you, but if you ever go against that faith I will not hesitate to eradicate you"

He had a strong and refined aura like that of a great Boulder, unmoving and determined he was truly fit to be called a hashira. Closing her eyes with a smile she lowered her chin back down, she did not feel threatened by his words but instead grateful that she had someone that could end her if all else fails, although she had already made a promise with someone else to fulfill that job.

"I am grateful himejima san, but unfortunately I already gave that role to kyojuro long ago, I am not confident enough to believe I can stay safe from muzan forever. I will end this life myself when that time comes, that is in the case I still somehow have my sanity. I am also not ignorant enough to think my hands won't get stained again if I do, that is if muzam chooses not to kill me first, but in the case I do not have control of myself I'll entrust the job to you and kyojuro"

"Namu-amidabutsu, I shall pray for a day that doesn't come"

"So do I"

She said before proceeding to let out a sigh.

"Aahaa~ I came out to try to distract myself from this topic, yet here I am talking about my death"

Himejima turned his head to face ayame with his hands still clapped together, and just a little the sides of his lips quirked up into a soft smile. It was the first time ayame had ever seen him smile, but then again the times they did meet weren't exactly occasions when smiles were common.

He finally released his hands from its prayer position and made its way in a inner pocket of his haori, taking out a long bamboo flute.

"Then allow me to play the shakuhakuchi for you in hopes it will help"

Ayame nodded with a giggle as they both sat down by the lake, listening to the sound of nature and himejimas song.