ch40 my path rr

this was the first time ayame had felt time pass quickly as she sat down seiza style facing muzan, who stood before her with a horrifying glare.

he was in the form of a woman with hands glazed with the blood of demons struggling to become a upper kizuki, putting out their hopes with a painful death

he was in the form of a woman with hands glazed with the blood of demons struggling to become a upper kizuki, putting out their hopes with a painful death. like disposable tools he killed his subordinates one by one once he deemed them useless.

"care to explain yourself? ayame!"

his voice roared in anger as his hand made its way to her neck, with his nails creasing into her skin while he slowly tightened his grip by the second lifting her up.

"i gave you freedom but not permission to help those bugs"

with her hands dug into muzan's wrist she grinned.

"well maybe you should've clarified not that i would have listened"

she sneered with a raspy voice as muzan's blood boiled over. Ayame knew her disrespect would only worsen her predicament, but strangely she couldn't dare to kiss up to him, letting her heart lead instead of her head.

"I've had enough of your nonsense"

before her mind could process what he had done something sharp peirced through her limbs, flinging her backwards through multiple shojis as the biwa struck.

until it eventually stopped and she was impaled onto something hard.

she opened her eye's to see she was sent outside to an unknown place with muzan slowly approaching

other side

douma became anxious at ayame's sudden disappearance prancing back and forth he thought of what the best course of action would be without warranting muzan's wrath. when suddenly his mind traced back to the conversation they had the night before.

"tomorrow night if something happens to me i want you to go to that garden on the mountain and meet the hashira i told you about without killing him and inform him of my death"

his mouth widened, flicking his head towards the engawa he decided to make a bet. Dashing out towards the mountain without a second to waste.

"ayame chan please be alright" he thought as he ran as fast as his legs would carry him.