Ch105 dr

She said with a dark shadow casted over her brows, she didn't know how to feel except she just knew it wasn't a good feeling. After awakening in an unknown place, with an unfamiliar person, and only her memories of her human days with muzan remaining she didn't know how to react.

"Hmm...?"

Douma hummed, thinking he may be able to take advantage of the situation, he decided to okay along with the chance he unintentionally created.

"Of course! You even gave me this ring Aya chan~"

He cooed removing the ring he never removed from his thumb until now, he placed it on his ring finger before showing it to her.

"Well then, you can throw that useless thing away now because I'm no longer interested"

She turned back around and began walking away from douma's reach again.

"Ehhhh? Thats cruel Aya chan"

He cried while running after her. They walked side by side in silence with the sound of crashing waves blowing by their feet, it reminded him of the old days giving Douma some hope for the future.

"Ne Aya chan where were you, I couldn't seem to find you no matter where I went"

"Of course I've been trying to carry out "his" orders"

"Then do you want to come help me after the upper moon meeting in a few days?"

"And why should I do that?"

She scoffed at him with a glaring look.

"Well because we used to go to a lot of places together, and the area I would like to go is quite large"

Ayame hummed in response, still clearly sceptical of his motives.

"As long as it helps him then I'll agree to it just this one time"

Douma's expression quickly brightened up as he secured himself a chance, and now all he had to worry about now is how to trigger her old self back.

"Now that I think about it Aya chan, how much of your past do you remember?"

Raising a fan up he tapped the bottom of his chin while he awaited for her answer.

"Just me and him back when we were humans, leading up to the day we became demons together and that's all that matters, why do you ask"

"Oh no particular reason"

Avoiding her questioning gaze he could feel her stare dig into the back of his head.

"I truly question my past self for agreeing to marry someone annoying like you"

Her words cut deeper into him than any flesh wound he had gotten in his life, with only the fact she wasn't truly herself to comfort him from her words of rejection. But nevertheless it did stir up thoughts in his mind wondering if deep down ayame did harbour those same feelings, after all he couldn't deny the pranks he played on her that repeatedly stepped on her nerves.

"Don't say that Aya chan... you're hurting my feelings"

She clicked her tongue with veins popping on her head, she would've given anything in the world to kill him in that moment.

******

Days passed and the planned time of the upper kizuki meeting arrived, Douma followed by the other upper kizuki arrived first to the infinity fortress and all that was left was ayame and muzan to appear. Douma awaited patiently for the next sting of a biwa to sound, pouring all his attention on nakime's hands which stopped him from bothering akaza for the first time.

When nakime's hand finally began to move douma's lips instantly quirked up into a grin, and as expected ayame's presence appeared. He was about to raise himself to greet her, but he had forgotten that it was a well known fact amongst the upper kizuki that she had betrayed muzan in the past and has returned with even the position of upper kizuki 6.

Gyokko and akaza were the first to confront her in a fit of rage, they both headed towards her with an attempt to attack her missing by a few centimetres as she leaped up.

"Hehe~ my my this is quite a warm welcome, I must've been a rather dislikable character in the past"

Everyone except for Douma all looked up at her in complete amazement at the change of her personality , from the way she dressed, to her appearance, and even her tone were all different from the one they knew. Even with the knowledge of muzan giving her blood to make her an upper kizuki, they never expected her change to be this drastic.

"Is this really the same person and not a body double?"

Akaza questioned skeptical if it was just an act, but then it was too good for it to be simply that.

"Muzan sama has arrived"

Kokushibou announced as everyone looked towards the platform above them, peering down at his minions like a god above.

"Aha! Muzan~"

Ayame cheerfully called, jumping towards muzan with her arms extended she greeted him with a hug like she always did back in their human days.

Everyone including Douma stared in shock, completely speechless from what they had just witnessed. Their eyes immediately traced towards muzan expecting him to react cruelly like usual, but instead his threatening expression brightened up into a pleased smile.

"How have you been ayame"

The demons shock grew even more as they tried to comprehend why muzan reacted in such a way towards a traitor, and the only one whom knew the reason was Douma.

"I see you're still as disrespectful as ever, he's our master address him properly"

Kokushibou said with an unblinking stare as he headed back to his seat.

"Hmm? That may be true for you all but muzan and I are childhood friends, I don't see a reason why I would need to, do you prefer if I addressed you as muzan sama?"

Ayame looked up towards muzan with innocent eyes that was clouded with the vision that he was the same kind muzan she used to know.

"I'll make an exception for you"

Ayame chuckled in delight whilst following behind muzan as he took a seat. He started the meeting with ayame knelt beside him, leaning her head and arms on his thighs with a serene expression. Everyone was skeptical at first, but gradually their opinions on her slightly became more positive.

With all their attention on ayame and muzan, the upper kizukis failed to notice the uncomfortable silence of Douma. If it were any other day he would've been clowning around and bothering akaza with his fake cheerfulness, instead he was as still as stone with not even a hum coming from his unreadable expression.

"I expect great results from you all, but if you fall short to meet those expectations..."

Muzans threatening aura flaunted over the fortress, washing a sense of imminent death inside the kizukis. Clearly etching in his intentions, a dark shadow looked over all the demons expressions. Ayame's eyes fluttered open as she reached a hand to cup his vein popped face.