Ch77 dr

Ayame POV

"Well then I have to go for now, the sun will be up soon"

I said attempting to get up only to be pushed back down by douma's arm as his grip tightened around me.

"But I want to stay with ayame chan a bit more~"

He whined like a child and I couldn't help but sigh, he has always been clingy since the day I met him but recently especially today he has been even more clingy then before. I couldn't tell if it was because I had gotten used to kyojuro who wasn't clingy like he is or if it's because he's lonely staying at the temple alone.

"Douma... I don't have any plans on burning to death with you"

"Does that mean you'll stay with me if we don't burn?"

He asked with glistening puppy eyes making it hard to refuse, I had to make a choice soon or else I won't even have one once the sun rises. I took in a deep breath and held it for a while before exhaling.

"Wouldn't muzan be suspicious of you?"

"Hmm well because of upper moon six's recent death he's been asking for more suicidal devotion so I think it'll be alright and besides we can stay at a inn where that girl lives it'll seem like I'm actually trying to investigate"

"Alright then, let me just go back and leave a note you head there first"

His smile became brighter then before as he reluctantly let go of me, once I made sure he no longer had any contact with me I went back to the rengoku estate.

******

I took out a brush and a small piece of paper to inform them of my whereabouts and to call me if needed, I left it on my table before leaving. I hadn't marked the town below so I had to take a risk and go to the temple all just to satisfy a certain demon, the moment I landed I bolted out of the temple and down the mountain as fast as I could go.

turning around the corner to the entrance of the town my eyes widened by the view of a certain figures chest and before I could react I had already crashed into them. I hurriedly got up once I composed myself and I was just about to apologize when the person under me was not a stranger but douma who was staring at me bewildered.

"Oh you're here"

I said when I realized the position of my hands, they were pressing down on his chest as I was supporting myself up from him. I quickly removed my hands and got up stepping to the side, I could hear him chuckle as he got up himself dusting his behind.

"Did ayame chan come from the temple?"

"Yes since it was the nearest place I had marked, if I get discovered you better take responsibility"

"Hai ayame chan"

Without wasting time we looked for a nearby in to stay while it was daytime.

"Hello we'd like a room for two please"

I said taking out all the money I had in me at the time to pay, when I handed the old lady the money she had this weird smirk on her face while looking at Douma. I looked back towards him to see if he was doing something weird yet again but all he was doing was smiling at me.

We made our way up to our room and the first thing we did was shut all the windows so no light would come through, I plopped down onto the tatami floor with a sigh.

" I hope you're happy now"

He chuckled walking towards me as he sat down cross legged beside me with a flirtatious gaze.

"Why're you looking at me like that"

I said with a glare, he giggled and pointed his sharp nail at my cheek.

"Because I like to look at you ayame chan~ I like all pretty things you know that"

I indeed did know that, a little too well in fact. I wrapped my hand around his finger pulling it away from my cheek to stop his piercing poking

"Has anything happened lately?"

I felt him flinch, pulling back his finger he showed me the same closed eye smile.

"Whatever do you mean ayame chan?"

He said and I could tell he was hiding something based on his actions, I took hold of if his lock of hair that dangled in front of him and pulled his head down closer.

"Tell me"

"I really don't know what to tell you ayame chan~ ever since you left I've been so bored and lonely"

He pouted, I decided to let him off since he refused to say, either because there really wasn't anything or it's something bad and he didn't want me to worry about it, like muzan found out I'm alive or something. Let's just hope it's not that it'll be a headache if it was.

We spent the rest of the day talking with Douma playing with my hair yet again. something he never fails to do, and once night fell we went outside in search of Inari's home. We walked around asking passerby's and at the same time we noticed there were a lot of people moving and gathering around.

"Is there a event going on?"

"Hmm, maybe there was a murder?"

"Why is that all you can think of"

He shrugged with a smile, we continued our search until we eventually found it, knocking on the door we waited for a response.