ch42

Pml

other side

dr

moments after douma sent ayame away an expected guest arrived appearing behind him like a ghost.

"douma"

"aha~ muzan sama did you come to visit me?"

he said clapping his hands together in glee, but on the inside he was calculating his every move to make sure he doesn't get busted.

"care to explain what you were doing last night?"

he said sitting on the shelf across the room cross legged with a menacing glare.

"ah i wanted to say goodbye to ayame chan from afar before sun rise, believe it or not i quite liked her it makes me feel sad and lonely that she's dead"

he whined covering his mouth with a hand as he cried crocodile tears perfecting his act as he felt knives being stared through him.

"really? then tell me why i found this besides her remains"

he reached inside his coat pulling out douma's fan throwing it by his feet. douma looked down with wide eyes "oh my this isn't good" he thought before facing muzan smiling, words that were also precalculated  in case muzan read his thoughts.

"i had forgotten this was in ayame chans possession, she wanted to practice tessenjutsu so i lent it to her while we searched for a replacement"

he replied without so much as a look of doubt, it wasn't a complete lie ayame did indeed ask him to teach her making him confident muzan wouldn't see through it.

muzan hummed in response eyes narrowing.

"you better not be lying or else ill send you to hell along with her"

he warned him before leaving, this was the first warning douma had ever received since he had became a demon but he didn't regret it as he received it for protecting ayame.

he let out a sigh walking over towards the fan picking it up.

"has the temple always been so quiet without you? ayame chan"

back to ayame side

Pm
nr

ayame's eyes fluttered open with a cold chill running down her neck, she sprung up into a sitting position with wide eyes as if one had woken up from a nightmare.

"ayame?"

she looked to her side where kyojuro sat wearing a yukata and a book in hand.

"ah..."

she blinked a few times as the memories of yesterdays events registered in her mind one by one.

"how are you feeling?"

kyojuro said as he layed his book down shuffling his body to face ayame.

"it would be a lie if i said perfectly fine"