Ch84 im back rr

"Anyway ayame san if you don't mind you're not in a state to be moving, look your wound already reopened"

Yukiharu said pointing at ayame's arm that had blood seeping through, he knelt down beside her sand immediately started to change the bandage. She winced as the bandage peeled off her skin pricking an important memory in her head, she abruptly grabbed Yukiharus shoulders making him lean back with rounded eyes.

"Yukiharu san! Did you see anyone else in the forest? A girl with a butterfly clip and a man with yellow hair?"

"No? You were the only one I found, do you expect me to carry a half dead person and look for two other half dead people I don't even know existed instead of treating the one I found?"

What he said was right but ayame couldn't help but worry if they made it out alright, both of their wounds were severe and if left too long they could die and the fact she had to practically throw them to the nearest platform could've only worsened their condition.

"I have to go"

"What?"

He said blinking in confusion.

"I need to go back!"

She exclaimed attempting to get up with a frown as she struggled, Yukiharu looked at her as if she was crazy hurriedly pulling her down by the hand.

"Are you crazy?!? You're in no condition to so, do you honestly expect me to say oh ok? If you really need to I'll take you there in a few days when your condition gets better"

"But didn't you say you were the lord of this place? I can't let you do that"

"I'm only a lord in name, the people just rely on me to take care of any bandits and violence they cannot take care of, besides I often leave secretly since it gets quite lonely, if only I had a younger sibling or something... anyway you're greatly mistaken if you think I'll let you go in broad daylight looking like that?"

"I wouldn't go in broad daylight, unless I was seeking for death"

He looked at her with a raised brow completely lost at what she meant, sighing ayame explained to him the existence of demons and everything he needed to know about them. After she finished explaining a shadow casted over his eyes with his lips zipped shut he started to sweat.

"Yukiharu san? Are you alright?"

"It depends if you're going to eat me or not"

He said with fists guarding in front if his body,ayame blinked at him before chuckling.

"No I won't, I'm a rare case I only need blood"

"He looked at her not sure whether to trust her words or not, ayame noticed his sceptical expression.

"It's true if not I would've already done so by now"

He relaxed his shoulders taking in a deep breath before exhaling, he continued to treat her wounds now that he has made sure she wasn't a threat.

"If demons are immortal how come your wounds aren't regenerating? And I heard the sky cracked with an explosion coming out of it or some nonsense"

"My wounds aren't healing as a result of a demon art, and the explosion was the result of a battle against another demon"

He hummed in response closing the medical box he got up to leave.

"I see, then get some rest if you want to go back to that corps place in a few days"

"Thank you Yukiharu"

She layed back down in the futon as she stared up at the ceiling, worry and anxiety washed over her mind with all her spells broken she couldn't even rely on the spell she left on kyojuro. The very thought of loosing that precious smile kyojuro always showed her pained her, it was his smile and warmth that brought her to where she was today and if even that was taken from her she wouldn't know how to live on.