Ch110 dr

Pml

"Aya chan? Aya chan!"

Douma called out as her body melted into his, her head that once leaned on his shoulder slowly slid down to his arm, as Douma supported her from falling. Gently lowering himself down he carefully cradled her, cupping a hand on her blood stained cheek that glowed under the cold light of the dull moon.

His attention was soon diverted as Douma heard footsteps approached from behind. Glancing over his shoulder was kyojuro, standing with a mix of expressions, confusion, worry, anxiety, and guilt. He felt lost at what to do, there was another demon before him, and it was his duty to fight them. But what prevented him from drawing his katana was the his relationship with ayame, and the fact he was trying desperately to help her.

At the same time kyojuro was also trapped between his mind and heart, his head told him to uphold his promise to ayame and end her suffering, while his heart told him to let her go. Before he could finish processing his thoughts, his worries were taken away by the last person he ever thought would, or at least some of them.

"Relax I'm not here to hurt you, in fact it's quite the opposite"

"What do you mean? And what is happening to her"

Kyojuro questioned with furrowed brows, eager for answers. Douma narrowed his eyes at him and then proceeded to gaze down at ayame.

"Well where should I start"

He began by giving him a very vague explanation of what had happened from the day she returned, until now including the day ayame visited him in a slightly annoyed tone.

Kyojuro's eyes rounded like never before, hearing of her struggles to protect those around her despite being in such a situation, "If I loose myself, I want you to protect him from me, he is the last person I want to hurt, after all I owe him too much, can you do that for me...Douma?" Those words especially struck him as he thought why is she so selfless towards a man, who indirectly caused her to be in such a situation and one who couldn't even keep a promise.

clenching his jaw in frustration Douma was quick to notice. Everything about kyojuro irritated him, not because he was a human or a slayer, but because he was a man close to ayame and also one whom failed to protect her.

He was annoyed at the fact she spent time with a unreliable man like him, at the same time he portrayed himself on him, knowing that he failed to protect her as well.

"To be honest I really don't want to protect you, another man she cares for, but because she is the woman I love dearly I cannot go against her~"

Douma made sure to make his standing clear with a smirk, standing up with ayame in his arms he took a step to the side facing kyojuro.

"A word of advice, I suggest you stay away if you treasure your life"

Without even giving kyojuro time to respond, he left with ayame.

********

Pm

He was finally home at his temple with ayame once again, without her everything just felt out of place, but not everything has returned back to normal not just yet.

Setting her body down gently onto a futon, he watched as tears barely escaped the corners of her eyes. Coming to a kneel he wiped those tears away with his finger, watching as it crystallized into ice. Douma couldn't bare to watch her in such a state, watching her quietly suffer alone, he wanted to make himself useful by continuing to look for a way.

Just as he leaned forward to get up, his eyes widened at the feeling of a tug on his pinky, looking down was Ayame curled up with a hand desperately grasping onto his finger, as if it were a rope she was dangling from.

Like a small child searching for its protector, he felt her grip slowly and steadily tighten as if it could sense he was going to leave. A saddened smile quirked onto the corners of his lips as he laid down beside her, gazing into her fearful knitted brows, he leaned in with his forehead against hers.

"I'm right here Aya chan...I'll always be right here"

He quietly comforted