Ch88 rr

The smile on ayame's face deepened before her eyes fell closed, while leaning back against the hard trunk of a tree.

"Ne himejima san, do you ever fear the possibility of getting killed when you're on a mission?"

She questioned, in which he responded soon after with a stone blank expression.

"Certainly. No Matter how strong we don't posses immortal bodies like your kind do, nevertheless we still partake in these missions with pride and for the good of the people"

"Precisely so, if I had stayed hidden, and coward away in fear of muzan instead of openly fighting him like all other demons did, I wouldn't be in this more favourable situation"

Giving an answer to his question she adjusted her position back up to a stand.

"Well then I should get going, or else kyojuro will start getting worried. Hopefully we can form a more harmonious relationship the next time we meet"

She quickly bid farewell, turning around and disappearing in the bushes before himejima could even reply. It wasn't easy maneuvering around in a tightly packed forest holding an abnormally large wagasa. trying to pave a safe way with her arm hidden within her sleeve, she managed to get back by the lakeside with only a few burns along the way. Though to her misfortune kyojuro was still able to pick up the fact from the chared smell of flesh that followed her.

His brows quickly narrowed and relaxed just as fast enough for Ayame to catch his look of displeasure, but with Senjuro near by he chose not to let it show.

"Aya"

He said sternly, to Senjuro it might've sounded like a professional announcement of her return, but for ayame she could tell it wasn't just that.

"Sorry, I thought i heard something but got lost on my way back"

She answered, straying away from answering Kyojuro's true intent in his tone. Deciding to let it go kyojuro breathed out a sigh knowing if he were to even question it, Ayame would play dumb and get away with it considering the time between his call and her answer she would've already healed without a trace.

"Alright, be more careful next time, otherwise I will go with you!"

Ayame stayed quiet with a smile, looking towards the distant horizon as the sun slowly set behind the mountains around.

"Shall we head back? It will be getting dark soon, and you need to go patrol tomorrow night, right kyojuro?"

Kyojuro stared blankly for a few seconds before a light bulb seemed to light up in his mind, remembering that he did indeed have a job to do.

"Oh! Right I nearly forgot! Thanks Aya!"

Kyojuro grinned with ayame responding with a sigh and a shake to her head.

"Why don't I join you on your patrol? It's been awhile since I've gone on any missions, it's better than going alone isn't it?"

Ayame suggested, looping an arm through the lunch baskets handle.

"I would prefer that but shouldn't we be more careful considering the incident with Kageki? The last thing I want is for you to get found"

Kyojuro asked with a brow of concern, waiting for an answer as the three of them made their way down the mountain.

"I thought about it, but considering that man I doubt he would expose me to Muzan. Believe it or not he cares more about toying with people and finding amusement for himself than following orders like a dog. He wouldn't spoil it for himself by telling muzan of me otherwise he would've been there instead of kageki"

"Kageki? Is that the demon you two fought?"

Senjuro chirped up, peaking his head over Kyojuro's side to join the conversation.

"Yes, he was quite the bastard, if he didn't turn to ash I would've liked to dig up his body and use him as a punching bag"

Ayame replied warranting a worried chuckle from the two brothers.

"Aside from that, are you alright? After all what he said..."

Kyojuro hesitated, knowing it was a sensitive topic he didn't know how to bring it up before, but since they were on the topic of Kageki it was now or never. Ayame looked up at him slightly wide eyed, before softly smiling to reassure kyojuro.

"Right, the aftermath was so hectic I didn't really have time to truly process everything. Truthfully I want to say I'm not, and I may never find closure for what happened. But at the same time, I feel a weight has been lifted now that I know the truth"

She chirped back up seconds later, to stop kyojuro with his worries she attempted to change the topic.

"Aside from that, I should pay a visit to Yukiharu sometime, I never got the chance to thank him"

"Yukiharu?"

The two said in unison, each with a raised brow"

"Ah right I never introduced him, he's the one who brought me back remember?"

Kyojuro looked up with a slight farrow in his brows, until Senjuro spoke up recalling him first.

"ah I remember! Ani-ue he's the one with the red hair"

Senjuro exclaimed, recalling the slightly annoyed and tired look on Yukiharu's face. With the mention of red hair, kyojuro was finally able to remember who he was. being to focused on ayame's return and his own emotions at the time, he was never able to get acquainted with the saviour.

"Hmu! Now I remember, it would be nice to meet him if the chance arises! He seems like quite an extraordinary man"

"Well he is the lord of a small town, you aren't too far off with that remark"

Ayame replied while shutting her wagasa as the day went dark.

"That's surprising! He's quite young! We don't see traditional lords much now"

Kyojuro said crossing his arms across with a smile, admiring the man more than before.