102 rr

"Ayame please, i don't want to hurt you"

He pleaded, the frown on ayame's brows deepened even more. Every time he called her name she felt something unpleasant, "just who is he to me? Why do I feel this way? Will it go away if I erase him?" She thought.

"Kekijutsu serene song of the chrysanthemums"

A pool of red formed under her bare feet, rippling like a rained on lake from the blood dripping down on the tip of her pointer finger, multiple chrysanthemum bulbs as large as a grown mans head floated around kyojuro.

He glanced around in a state of panic, he didn't want to do anything to hurt her but he also needed to keep himself alive to save her. He stared into her eyes that no longer had a trace of what he used to know, it was as if a stranger stood before him. She snapped her fingers ringing a rippling tone, she expected the spell to proceed like always but strangely the chrysanthemums stayed still.

She snapped her fingers again, and again, and again, nothing happened. On the last try something did happen but not what she expected, the chrysanthemums burst into a rain of petals, flowing down like a shower.

"Tsk, what use does it have if it doesn't even listen to its caster, I guess I'll just have to use a different method"

She grabbed a sword from the ground, one of the many belonging to fallen hunters. Giving a side glance towards kyojuro she continued on her killing spree, even her technique and power was stronger and more violent than he remembered "is there even a trace of you left in there?" He wondered.

He accidentally let his guard down with his mind submerged in anxious thoughts, creating an opening for ayame to rip the blade across his chest.

"Argh!"

Kyojuro groaned as the next attack flung him back, he was hit against a tree once more sprinkling down the red leaves on the trees branches, ayame emerged from within those same Petals that veiled his sight, catching kyojuro by surprise. Slamming her hand against his neck she tightened her grip with a Kubrick stare, struggling to breath Kyojuro's eyes squinted as he held her wrist.

Ayame's eyes narrowed while she silently stared at his life slowly slipping out of his body.

"How boring" she whispered.

"Any last words?"

Ayame asked. Kyojuro's eyes slightly opened with a chuckle, he smiled his signature smile at her and barely managed to whisper out,

"I love...you aya"

The bell belonging to ayame fell out of Kyojuro's pocket, hitting the ground with a ring snapping the last string along with Kyojuro's words.

The black ink like parts of her eyes broke apart like a splitting fog covering her mind, everything became clear and what she had forgotten momentarily started to come back.

"K...kyojuro?"

Her kind eyes returned, with tears blurring her vision she let go of her tight grasp bruising Kyojuro's neck while stepping back in horror. watching as he fell down to the ground coughing, breathing in a long missed breath of air.

Her hands plastered on her face as she recollected everything that she did, it was a nightmare she wanted to escape but no matter how hard she tried to ignore those scenes and screams of people she hurt, they continued to haunt her.

Taking in this chance of ayame's vulnerable state as she screamed howls of agony staggering, and trembling. The hunters whom once layed on the ground like dead, mustered up their last once of strength and rose up against the demon, stabbing their katanas through her in every angle of her body.

Blood dripped down the side of her lips while they strangely lit up into a small smile, the slayers fell back down to the ground making way for another.

"Ack! Ay-"

Kyojuro tried to call with a hand on his neck and one squinted eye, when a breeze past by his face from behind. A slayer who took the chance his comrades gave him, crying a desperate cry he held his katana tight putting everything he had in this one chance.

Ayame raised her head up, smiling a agonizing smile at the slayer with tears streaming down her tired eyes. She held up her arms towards the slayer like an inviting hug, welcoming her awaited end that was near.

"Thank you..."

She mouthed, the slayers eyes rounded and his once despair ridden katana was instantly replaced with one of pity. It was a clean path that his blade headed. feeling sorry, the slayer closed its eyes just before they swung their blade, but that moment never came.

The katanas route was interrupted by kyojuro who jumped in, pulling the slayer back by the collar and landing in the cold embrace of ayame that he had so missed. Placing his chin on her shoulder, he wrapped his arm tightly around her with his right hand patted on the back of her head. Her shocked eyes slowly fell down along with their bodies, clacking the sound of rubbing metal that stuck through her.

It was like holding a human cactus, it's a painful hug with blades scraping open his skin but nevertheless he didn't loosen up his grasp, he was scared that if he did he would loose her again. She felt warm droplets sliding down her shoulder, with Kyojuro's arms trembling around her tired and limp body.

"Let's go home, Aya"

He sweetly whispered to Ayame, making tears of her own slide down her face.

"Why? Why, why did you have to interfere?"

Her arm slowly raised up to tug on the ripped sleeve of Kyojuro's yukata.

"I can't just let the person who I love die can I?"

Kyojuro said, carefully taking out the katanas from out of her body while supporting Ayame by holding her hand. He thought everything was finally over, and that she was finally back in his arms again, but it was far from over, not with muzans desperate grasp around her.

A demonic chant echoed in her mind with the eyes of muzan popping in her sights like a jump scare, she began to struggle again with the ink like parts slowly emerging back on her sclera.

"Aurgh! A-AHHHHHHH"

She screamed clenching the sides of her head, Kyojuro's relieved expression quickly turned into concern holding her from under the forearms.

"K-kyojuro please...please kill me while I'm still myself"

Gazing up at him with a struggling smile that was replaced with a wincing expression as her condition got worse with a heartbeat, she desperately screamed into his lap fighting for control against muzans curse with kyojuro staring not knowing what to do.

"Aya! Hang in there I'll get help somehow"

He glanced around in search of a clue and suddenly another presence appeared.

"Ara~? I leave for a second and this happens?"

Another demon had suddenly appeared beside him and ayame without him noticing, and before kyojuro could defend themselves he delivered a chop at the back of ayame's neck knocking her out as she fell down into Kyojuro's lap, peacefully asleep.

With his guard up he frowned at the demon but then it hit him, it was the same demon he met years ago.

"Relax I'm not here to hurt you, in fact ayame chan asked me to protect you"

"What do you mean"

Kyojuro asked sceptical of his words.

"Well let's see, it is quite a long story, but it all happened very quickly, I was surprised when "he" appeared with ayame chan in hand so suddenly"