ch41 free rr

"AYAME!"

her eyes shot open as she raised her head, meeting the gaze of familiar golden irises as it flew down to her, watching with her own slowly widening eyes as the man caged her within the safety of his white haori.

with each corner of the fabric in hand he grasped onto the stone behind ayame covering them both from the sun with their nose centimeters from touching, sweat droplets slid down the side of his face as he breathed heavily .

"kyojuro what are you doing here!"

she said frowning with burnt skin from the sunlight.

"i came to save you"

her eyes rounded even further in shock from his unexpected words.

"how did you even find me?"

"you sent a man named douma to find me correct? he helped me find you"

"i told him to find you to tell you im gone not to come save me, if you had come any earlier you would've been killed by muzan!"

"well that's a risk im willing to take"

he said smiling down at her.

"kyojuro please just leave me you cant keep this up all day and even if you do muzan will find out and kill you along with me"

"i cannot do that! i will not let you die like this Ayame! It would be too tragic"

he shouted enthusiastically as he scanned ayame up and down calculating their current situation before looking up towards her hands. he tucked one corner of the haori behind her wrist giving him a free hand to try and pry the chains open.

"dont even think of doing that, these are made of muzan's flesh he'll immediately notice if you do something to them"

ayame snapped as kyojuro flinched his hand away in response. he looked back down at her with rounded eyes before knitting his eyebrows together as he tried to think of another solution.

"then what shall we do?"

"i suggested that you leave me but since it seems you're adamant in not doing so there is one way to get out of this situation without warranting muzan"

"and that will be?"

ayame took in a deep breath before looking straight into his eyes with a determined expression.

"cut my head and leave my body behind"

"ayame i can't do that!"

"its the only option now take my fans in my sleeves and do it or else leave me"

the crease between his brows increased as he hesitated with a pained look. even if she doesn't die from it he was still burdened by the fact he has to do something so gruesome.