Ch108 rr

A devastated look plagued his once enthusiastic smile, rushing through the front gate he saw the outside completely deserted, with no hunters to be seen guarding their posts.

"Damn it! What's going on!" He thought as kyojuro quickly ran inside the estate, stomping across the wooden floor his arrival could be heard from throughout the halls, barely breaking his steps he turned from corner to corner. And on this last turn he felt something bump into him with a small Yelp.

"GAAH!"

A voice called as they fell onto the ground, their squinted eyes opening noticing the familiar flame patterned kyahan.

"R-Rengoku sama! Please hurry!"

The hunter pleaded pointing behind them, it directed Kyojuro's attention to a group of hunters huddled together outside of ayame's room. They all wore panicked expressions with some having minor injuries, he thought the smell of blood came from them, but the closer he got the more he noticed another scent being mixed in.

"What happened!"

He ran besides them and when he turned his head to face towards the inside of the room, his eyes instantly strained wide open along with a ghostly gasp.

The room was filled with a veil of red with the sinister smell of muzan mixed within, and amidst of it all was ayame hunched over clenching her claws into her neck

Kyojuro quickly ran in shutting the shoji on the way, he quickly dropped down on all fours inching closer to her with his knees.

"AYAME!"

He called grabbing her by the wrist he pulled her hand away from her neck, preventing her futile attempt in ending her own life. He listened to her small strained screams while she fought against her own body, feeling more light headed and weak by the second as another entity that was and not her at the same time slowly took control.

"Hold on ayame! I'll get you the medicine right away"

Kyojuro tried to turn around to reach for his back pocket with a grave frown only to be stopped by the feeling of ayame's grip on his arm tighten, he turned back around with one of her wrists still in hand to see her slowly raise her head to meet his gaze with a heavy breath.