Ch78 summer night dr

3rd person POV

"Ayame sama!!"

Inari and her siblings said running over grabbing her in a hug.

"There there"

Ayame said patting them on the back as Douma appeared behind her.

"Ara ara~ my ayame chan is loved by so many people"

He chuckled with a a fan pointing at his chin.

"Ah founder sama you came as well!"

Inari said bowing. Despite knowing Douma's true identity, Inari continued to regard him as the founder of a more or less authentic cult, and a little too trusting after Ayame that he too would be just as harmless.

"Now that I think about it Inari there's a lot of people gathering tonight is something special happening?"

"You asked in perfect timing ayame sama, the annual summer festival is starting today and I wanted to invite you! I even have a yukata prepared for you! now come I'll help you get ready"

"Hai?"

Ayame said while Inari pushed her inside a room from behind leaving Douma bewildered at the genkan.

******

30 minutes past and Douma heard the shoji slide open from behind, when he turned around he was presented by the view of ayame beautifully dressed up in a floral yukata and a updo. His eyes widened as he hopped up to his feet.

 His eyes widened as he hopped up to his feet

"Ayame chan is so lovely~"

Douma cooed running towards her with open arms for only to be stopped by Inari who stepped in front of ayame blocking him with a pout.

"You can't do that founder sama you'll mess up my hard work"

"Ara? You're quite brave aren't you afraid I'll eat you?"

He teased with a sly chuckle

"Nope because ayame sama will protect me right?"

She said turning her head behind her with a expecting look, ayame giggled patting her on the head.

"Hai hai"

Inari stuck out a tongue at Douma while he just menacingly smiled with his fan in hand, Inari s siblings then came running back after changing clothes taka and kazu the oldest out of the three took hold of Inari's and while saya took hold of ayame's with a childish grin.

"Let's get going then ayame sama"

They walked through the crowd as the festival was at its peak with the laughter of people around and the bright lanterns that hung above them.

"Waah there's takoyaki"

Sayu pointed with drool falling from her mouth and shimmering eyes, Ayame chuckled as she looked up to Douma.