ch4 memories

pml

with a swirl of a wind douma and ayame appeared in the air back at douma's temple.

With douma's hand still planted on her shoulder she gently and slowly lowered themselves down with her face directed towards the ground, she slowly landed her feet on the supposed tatami floor of the room. but instead of feeling a dry firm floor her foot was strangely met with a cold feeling of liquid.

A shiver creeped up her spine, praying she hoped what she stood on was not what she thought it was. Hesitantly peeking open a fraction of her eyes she saw crimson shattering her hope to pieces, with a low groan her eyelids opened to its full extent gazing into her own reflection in a puddle of blood.

"ha....you did this on purpose didnt you"

Her hand fell to her side, grabbing the side of her kimono she slightly lifted it up as it soaked up blood once again.

"i wonder what you mean ayame chan~"

he sneered at her in anticipation wondering what kind of reaction she would show him. she stared at the puddle under her feet as it rippled by the drops of blood dripping from her kimono, tilting her head up she met eye to eye with douma. With a sly smile upon his face she was fed up with his disturbing pranks.

"if you insist on doing things like this, just know you will be cleaning it up"

she let go of her kimono letting it bathe in the puddle once again, she took a side step heading towards the shoji door besides them.

"eehhh? ayame chan where are you going?"

He asked seconds before her figure disappeared through the corner.

"well thanks to you my kimono is drenched in someones blood for the second time today, and im not going to use my demon art as a clean up service for you"

with a straight face she left leaving douma standing there still dumbfounded with his mess .

letting out a sigh she ran her hand through her bangs following up to the back of her head before stopping on her shoulder, her footsteps planting down heavily as she urged to get to her room. After her declaration she hoped that this would be the last of his repulsive tricks, but honestly she doubted that to be the case.

her waving hair calmed down behind her as she came to a stop outside of her room, leaning her head against the hard wood of the shoji her hands curled up into a fist."i wonder if it really was a good choice living with him" she mumbled, taking in a deep breath ayame leaned her head back straight before sliding the shoji open ending with a clack sound.

Her hand immediately reached to the cupboard besides the entrance where a tower of neatly folded towels and a bowl of water was placed on top, without so much as a inch of her foot crossing over the small bump that separates the room and the hall.

ayame's hand planted onto the soft towel, dabbing it into the bowl letting the water spread throughout as the towel soaked it up. Bouncing her hand along with the towel followed by the crisp sounds of water dripping she made sure it came to a stop before she retracted her hand back towards her.

Sinking down to her knees she wiped her feet transferring the blood onto the towel folding it in half she did the same to the other foot making sure not a single red stain remained, bundling it up along with the bottom of her kimono she stood up to enter the vast room, clacking shut the shoji behind her she raised her head up to face the plain interior.