ch7 sweet fragrance

"ara ara ayame chan~ you came just in time"

douma smirked with his arms behind his back shuffling around. his horrible attempt at hiding something away from ayame only made it more obvious, she noticed his odd behavior and closed her eyes with a sigh.

"what is it this time douma, another womans head?" she said sliding the fusama shut behind her.

he stopped shuffling and stood in front if her with a mischievous smile, he slowly pulled out a hilt from within his cape followed by a quick yank revealing what he was hiding proudly with a look waiting to be praised.

"tada! Ayame chan i got you a sword for your kagura dance do you like it?"

Ayame stared at the sword in shock with a shadow cast over her eyes, the sword douma had brought her wasnt an ordinary sword but one from a demon slayer which was made obvious from the lasting smell of blood oozing from it.

"douma is this...."

he fanned himself sassily and smiled like nothing was wrong.

"yes ayame chan?"

she shakily grabbed the sword in a way no one could tell if it was from shock, anger or simply both and half unsheathed it. The silver metal reflected her dumbfounded expression on the bloody blade, that had the word destroy demons engraved near the hilt.

"did you... perhaps steal this from a demon slayer?"

douma shut his fan and chuckled

"of course i didnt steal it, he dropped it when he died so technically i claimed it"

he replied with a fruity tone.

Ayame stayed silent processing the absurdity he just uttered, but then again absurdity was a common trait for him, clenching her teeth she unsheathed the sword fully but slowly in a murderous intent.

"u..r .....ead"

he looked at her with a taken back expression, missing what she had said the first time around he leaned in closer to her in attempt to hear what she said, bending down her turned his head the the side and looked at her from under.

"did you say something ayame chan?"

an irk mark appeared on her head and in a blink of an eye something aimed for douma's head, but thanks to his superhuman reflexes he was able to duck in time for only a few strands of hair to be cut.

he looked down at the pieces of hair laying on the floor in shock, normally he would've laughed at ayame's constant attempt at killing him but what was in her hands this time was nothing to joke around with. "Maybe I should've kept it in my possession"he thought gulping, shakily Douma opened his mouth to talk.

"A-ya-ayame c-chan?!?"

he looked at ayame who was in a ready position holding the katana with blazing eyes that burned "kill".