Ch92 omen rr

The two shared a moment in each others warmth before having to pull away and focus on their task at hand, kyojuro stayed on the ground while ayame looked around above to cover more ground.

The surroundings were strangely quiet despite supposedly being infested by something suspicious enough to warrant a hashira to investigate. the only sound that was around them was the blow of wind and the serene rings of ayame's bell in the distance giving kyojuro an idea of her location.

Walking with his arms crossed across his chest he confidently made his way around the forest, with an occasional glance upwards with a smile, and if he was lucky he would spot ayame jumping around in the opening of the branches and whenever he did he would chuckle as she seemed like a cute bunny running around in his eyes.

Covering every corner of the forest they came across a few low level demons with power comparable to that of a bear, kyojuro easily defeated them with a single swing if his blade hardly breaking a sweat. They reached the end of the path, sheathing his katana into the comfort of its sheath he looked up to the sky.

"Aya! You can come back down now"

He shouted with a hand cupped near his mouth, a small jingle sounded in the distance like a birds call indicating a response, ayame's katana shot down first into the ground before her figure followed as she jumped down.

Kyojuro extended his arms up towards her slowly walking closer to where she would land, he successfully caught her with a hand wrapped around her waist and one holding her up under the thigh. He giggled with his head nuzzled against her stomach as ayame hugged his head with a smile.

As he was enjoying her embrace he sensed something heading towards him at a high speed, taking his hand off her waist he caught it within his hand crushing the object

As he was enjoying her embrace he sensed something heading towards him at a high speed, taking his hand off her waist he caught it within his hand crushing the object. Blood dripped out of his hand and when he opened his fist the remanence resembled an eye slowly fading to ash, and at that moment every cell in his body screamed to take ayame out of there.

"Aya, we need to go back now I have something important to report that I forgot to before I left"

He calmly explained trying not to make her suspicious as he set her on the ground.

"Hmm? Will that be alright? We still need to patrol the village"

"Yes we have time tomorrow for now we need to hurry!"

She nodded closing her eyes her body quickly faded with Kyojuro's following after, just before he fully did with only and eye remaining he caught sight of fusama slides appearing on the ground bedsides them, sliding open with a sound of a biwa. Before he can make out the figure that was slowly emerging they had already returned to the ubuyashiki estate, he felt a cold sweat run down his neck without even seeing the figure he knew just whom it belonged to.

"Kibutsuji Muzan"

He thought with a frown realizing the severity of the situation and now muzan had found out ayame was alive.

"Aya you should go back home first, the sun is about to rise I'll go back as soon as I report something to oyakata sama"

Smiling he hid his bloody hand behind him away from ayame's sights, ayame looked to the side where the sun would rise and with a small smile she looked back at kyojuro with a nod.

"Sure, then I'll be waiting"

Once he made sure ayame had left he took out his blood covered hand with a frown, sending his crow off with a message he quietly stood without so much as a sound in a silent rage. The man whom they had been after was so close at hand, but he couldn't risk letting ayame fall back in his hands after having just gained some freedom apart from him.

"If we went back, would he still be there?" He thought planning to attack him if he was, the crow soon came back after delivering the letter landing on his shoulder it reported.

"Caww caww! Your message has been received it will be discussed in tomorrow's hashira meeting!"

******

Next day

The morning came and all the hashiras had been gathered for their monthly meeting, everyone seemed calm and composed like their usual self all except for kyojuro whom was being louder and more talkative than usual making some of the other members feel worried while the others had started to get annoyed.

But before anyone could bring his odd behaviour up the meeting had already began.

"Greetings to you all, oyakata sama is under the weather so I amane ubuyashiki will be attending in his stead"

The hashira all bowed their head paying their respects to her before beginning with a Status report on their current situation and any important information they had obtained, and once all the main subjects had been covered it was finally time for Kyojuro's concern to be voiced.

"Yesterday the flame pillar Rengoku kyojuro had sent a grave message after returning from his patrol, it seems Akami ayame had been discovered by kibutsuji muzan"

Everyone gasped from the news as they turned their gaze towards kyojuro after realizing the reason to his odd behaviour.

"Tsk, and why is the person in question not here? Are we really just going to keep things the way they are muzan is going to come after her"

"Iguro san"

Mitsuri cupped her mouth as she tugged on the sleeve of obanai whispering before looking back towards kyojuro whom had a nervous frown upon his face, he didn't understand Mitsuris gesture until her saw a reflection of light bounce off the ring that sat on his finger.

"You've got to be kidding me"

he said

"The reason why akami san isn't here is because oyakata sama advised for us to keep this from her in fear she may try something rash or leave in order to keep us from harm, and in doing so it may only have the opposition effect, staying within the demon slayer corps is the safest option to keep her hidden and if she were to fall into his hands once more it may only cause more disaster"

Amane explained gaining the understanding of the members before her.

"I believe it would be the best to keep her off duty for now or at least have another hashira accompany her"

Everyone agreed and the meeting ended.