Ch106 first snow rr

"Ah! Good morning Rengoku san!"

"Hm? Kanroji! It's a pleasure to see you here!"

Kyojuro called out while closing the fusama shut beside him, watching as mitsuri happily skipped over with a hand waving above her head.

"Likewise! So...how is Akami san?"

Mitsuri brought up in a hesitant tone, turning her gaze towards the closed fusama that hid ayame on the other side. It had been 5 days since she was brought back, and with tamayos drug still circulating inside her she still hadn't woken up yet.

"So far there has been no changes! So I can't really say if it's good news or not"

"I see, ah that reminds me I have a letter from tamayo san that she asked me to give you when I dropped by the butterfly estate earlier, where is it...ah here it is!"

Rummaging through her pocket she slipped out a simple white envelope and handed it towards kyojuro, he quick took hold of the letter and stared at it for a few sensible moments wondering if it was bad news or good news.taking in a deep breath and a determined look he opened the letter making a rustling noise echo in their ears as he unfolded it.

" dear Rengoku kyojuro, After working on the drug with shinobu over the course of these past few days, I have some good news and bad news"

Kyojuro's eyes rounded as he slightly flinched, he felt the temperature in his hands drop with cold sweat dripping down his face, gulping he continued to read the rest of the letter with narrowed eyes.

"The good news is we have been able to successfully create a drug that can nullify the effects of muzans cells in her body without him noticing, but unfortunately the bad news is there is only a 30% percent chance of success, and as in success it means her survival"

His heart dropped and his mind went blank, it felt like he had been pushed down a tall mountain he tried so hard to climb, with bad news piling up one after another with no break, he wondered just where did he go wrong for life to bear down at him so. His fingers clenched tighter creasing the thin paper within his hands that he was reading.

"Rengoku san?"

Mitsuri called after noticing his pale complexion, she walked beside him and peeked over his elbow to see the contents of the letter. Once she reached where he had read up to a similar expression plastered on her once cheery face followed with a gasp as she cupped her mouth.

"The first time when I created a drug to break Kibutsujis curse, his cells were greatly weakened to the point they were barely effective which gave me a chance to nullify it completely, but even so it was still a hard task, and unlike the situation in the past Kibutsujs cells are still running fully active and strong through her veins.

The drug contains many components and one of the main ones are wisteria flower poison, and you may already know that this poison is especially lethal to demons like us. Once this drug enters her body it will actively fight against kibutsujis cells in her body at all times, since his cells cannot be easily destroyed it will act as a protective agent to prevent kibutsuji from doing anything to her.

But at the same time it will attach her own cells as well, and if she manages to survive and overcome death it will still have lasting effects. Her body may relapse from time to time as the drug tries to fight against the cells, and in this state she will be very vulnerable and the amount of time and blood she needs to consume will also be increased .

We are still currently to look for other ways as of now and also ways to turn demons back into humans, but this is all we have for now that has a chance in success, all we can do is hope for the best. So if you choose to implement this drug, you may come pick it up anytime "

Pm

"Rengoku san..."

Mitsuri quietly asked to him from the side, she was unable to make out his expression from his hair veiling his face. Almost as if it were helping him hide himself at his lowest from the world when nobody else could for him, but even so Mitsuri could tell what was hiding under the flame like mane of his.

"Sorry Kanroji! Do you mind taking care of Aya for me for awhile? I need some time to think"

Showing her a strained smile he lowered his arm with a clenched letter in his hand.

"Of course! Leave it to me, I'll be the best caretaker you'll ever meet!"

Raising her left arm she put her right hand on top of her bicep, trying her best to encourage kyojuro especially since now he was challenged with yet another difficult task. He walked out of the specialized estate, breathing in the chilly air with a deep breath to clear his mind.

His gut told him she would be fine but he couldn't ignore his mind telling him no, it was a gamble should he trust the chances of that 30% he was so oddly confident of? Or listen to his mind telling him logically not to do so, either way it was a decision he would have to come to soon whether he liked it or not.

His footsteps slowly came to a stop as he found himself in the middle of the paved road, looking up to the grey blanketed sky. A single snowflake floated down from above slowly and softly undisturbed by anything. His round owly eyes gazed towards it with many other unique snowflakes following after it, letting a out a breath he could see it float up into the sky melting one of the many flakes that came in contact with it.

"It seems winter has arrived,I should head back to Aya now she must be cold" He thought turning back in a hurry to where he came from.