Ch75 dr

Pml

After the battle came to an end everyone was lucky for making it out alive without any severe wounds, all except tengen who had lost an eye. as per his promise with his wives he retired from his position as a hashira to live a quiet life back at the shinobi village.

Douma POV

I was suddenly summoned to the infinity fortress for the first time in 90 years just as I was talking with that girl ayame chan favoured, she said she missed her and wanted to see her but so do I. But what can I do? It was risky to even meet her last time since muzan sama knows my whereabouts, but I really miss ayame chan and her voice "what should I do?".

I thought humming with a troubled expression slowly fanning myself, but now that I think about it if we got summoned that means an upper moon got killed how unfortunate.

"Then where's upper moon one? There's no way he'd get killed"

"Hold up hold up! Hold on a minute akaza dono, aren't you gonna show some concern for me? I was super worried about you guys you're my precious buddies, I don't want to lose another one of you after my poor ayame chan"

I said with a sneer wrapping an arm around akaza.

"Hyo! Douma dono"

I turned my head to the side to see gyokko waving those little arms of his at me, I smiled waving back to greet him.

"Hey hey long time no see gyokko, is that a new pot? It's pretty the pot you gave me is in my room, I wanted to plant a girls severed head in it for decoration but at the time ayame chan was still with me so I couldn't, but I'm thinking of doing it now that she's gone"

"You can't grow severed heads... but I like the idea"

He responded reminding me that ayame chan said the exact same thing, but with a much more entertaining reaction, remembering that day I couldn't help but giggle a little. The meeting then started when kokushibou dono appeared along with muzan sama, and it seemed the one who died was guutaro.

Because of that muzan sama was greatly pissed.

" and one more thing, it seems ayame is still alive from what daki had told me"

A heavy aura dawned on me and before I could register what happened my vision was flipped upside down with muzan sama in front of me, or rather I was I front of him at least my head was.

"Do you care to explain Douma? If I believe you said you visited her before she died so why is she alive?"

"Waahhh ayame chan is alive!! But I was sure she had died! I was so sad too... when I last saw her it was before sunrise because I needed time to get home so I don't burn to death, I'm not sure how she could've possibly have escaped. ayame chan was quite wounded too with no power to escape and I haven't seen her since, maybe daki lied? She never really liked ayame chan and I don't see why ayame chan would give herself away like that by meeting her"

I said carefully trying not to give myself away and only thinking of a fabricated memory since if I so much as slip up muzan sama would know because he can read minds.

" it if she really is alive are you gonna try killing her again once you find her muzan sama?

I cheerfully said with a smile, muzan sama's gaze narrowed dropping my head down back to the platform below.

"Once I do I'll make sure she can no longer defy me and make her fill the now missing spot among the upper moons"

He said disappearing from the fortress, gyokko came clacking over to help reattach my head to my body that layed behind me.

"Thank you gyokko! Now I don't have to somehow reattach it myself"

"It's my pleasure douma dono"

Nakime then sent us back to our respective places, and with a heavy exhale I released my shoulder before frowning. Things have taken a turn for the worst now that muzan sama has found out, but the good thing is she won't be killed which makes the situation slightly better. I leaned back into my pillow throne reminiscing the days ayame chan was still here and the comforting touch of hers.

Pm

Reaching up into the air i gazed into the ring she gave me, clasping my hands into a fist I decided to go see her, and for now I'll keep the news from ayame chan since she has finally found some peace I don't want to ruin it for her, which means I'll have to protect her myself in the shadows.

Hopping up from my cushion I gave the ring a tap with my nail as I watched the beautiful blood wave around towards my eyes, like an eye drop it coated my eyes as a red mist swirled on the ground leading me to her. Luckily the direction ayame chan is at is the garden we saw that day, and ever since she left the temple I have visited it a lot which means muzan sama won't be suspicious of my location.

Excited that I can meet ayame chan without worry I quickly dashed out the window as fast as my legs would take me, I could feel the wind harshly blowing against my skin as well as the feeling of my heart rapidly beating in my chest an existence I had long forgotten.

I couldn't wait I wanted to be there by her side as soon as possible, I put a hand to my chest is this what you call eagerness? Another new emotion awakened inside me just like all the others she had before. Sadness, anxious, lonely , happy, and this strange fluttering feeling deep inside me, will I know what it is once I see her again?

I thought leaping on top of a branch quietly and finally I saw her again, smiling as she knelt down in a bed of flowers. I layed down to my side watching her while she admired the flowers with the wind blowing through her long silky hair, a smile grew on my face and there it was again.

That feeling a feeling I only had whenever it's with her, then it dawned on me a sat up to cupping my mouth as my eyes grew larger is this... what you call love? Once I uttered those unfamiliar words it felt as if I had a revelation, the wind roared from under me as a light glistened in my eye.

 what you call love? Once I uttered those unfamiliar words it felt as if I had a revelation, the wind roared from under me as a light glistened in my eye

"You can come out now, how long are you planning on spying on me Douma?"

Without even so much as sparing me a glance she called out to me with that voice I missed, even though I had seen her just a few days ago. She reached a hand out to her side palm side facing up, inviting me over I picked a flower from the tree branch near me before jumping down beside her.

Putting a hand in hers ayame's fingers wrapped around my hand.

"Ara ara? Ayame chan found me~"

"You weren't even trying to hide"

I chuckled as she looked up towards me, with the flower in hand I slid it in her hair.