ch26 sunny day rr

the birds chirped loudly into the morning, bringing a refreshing song with warm rays of light shining through the room, hitting kyojuro's eyelids giving him a wakeup call.

his vision bathed in a light orange tone rousing him from his deep slumber, before cracking open to the sight of his ceiling. sitting up he reached his arms up grunting as he stretched his stiff limbs from a good night of sleep, the lasting drowsiness blended in with his light headiness of his slightly lasting fever.

smiling he looked outside towards the garden through the open shoji, with someone's existence passing his mind completely.

"what a nice day"

he said enthusiastically with his wide owl like eyes shining with energy.

"yes a little too good"

he suddenly froze up from the sudden voice of a person that didn't belong to anyone in his family, when his brain suddenly registered the events of last night.

turning his head in a sharp and surprising speed he met eyes with ayame who was frowning and balled up into the corner of his room, she softly grunted while pulling her knee's even closer to her chest in attempt to avoid the sun just inches away from her.

"ah Ayame!"

kyojuro cried in a panic, he hurriedly tossed his sheets that weighed down on his legs to the side of the futon to get up, jumping up he quickly jogged over towards the engawa with each hand on one slide of shoji he pulled them to a close before quickly turning his attention back behind him.

with a lardge backstep he jogged back, along the way he leaned to the side scooping up his blanket before settling down to a kneel in front of ayame . A frown formed on his once smiling face upon seeing her uncomfortable expression, he wondered how long has it been since the sun came up?

"are you alright? you didn't get burned did you?"

he said worriedly, tossing the blanket over her head wrapping it around her unnoticeably smaller form. He grabbed the edges of the blanket shut under her chin, with his spare hand he held hers that were clenched on her knees carefully examining for any burns as he turned it upwards with her palm facing up.

gently swiping his thumb up and down her palm his gaze was so intense that it almost felt like he would end up burning her instead of the sun.

"im alright"

she sighed relaxing her shoulders as kyojuro's lardger body protectively shielded her from the sun.

"im sorry i should've had senjuro bring you to a room with fusama door's instead i almost forgot you were a demon"
he declared slightly ashamed of his lack of care in his actions.

"what?"she froze, trying to process if she had heard him right.

never in her long life had she heard someone say they had forgotten she was a demon, it was always the opposite they would painfully stab her existence into her mind not letting her forget for even a moment.

Ayame's eyes widened her crescent iris slimmed, intently gazing upon the blonde top of kyojuro's head as he leaned down not realizing what he was doing.

her mind was at a momentary loss, she felt something well up inside her a feeling that she couldn't explain.

a hand slithered around the back of her waist and another under her knees, she blinked her thoughts away again and before she could react she had been raised up.