Chapter 38 Tribal Fair

The planting of white sweet potatoes is over, but the busyness of the tribe is not over.

The management and fertilization of nearly 800 mu of land is not a small project.

After the male slaves helped the master feed the livestock in the morning and evening, they spent the rest of the day soaking in the fields. Wu Nuo selected a dozen or so dexterous female slaves to be responsible for cooking their morning and evening meals. All their food is provided by the tribe, but slaves are slaves after all, no matter how much Wu Nuo fights for them, at most they will not be hungry, and they will have tooth sacrifices for ten and a half months, and there will be nothing more.

But the slaves were very satisfied, as long as they could eat enough every day, they would be very happy, and it would be great if they could eat some meat occasionally.

Some slaves even hoped that the job would last forever.

There are also a group of youngsters who also hope that the work can continue.

After the white sweet potato is planted, it means that the land reclamation has come to an end temporarily, and the horned sheep, dwarf deer, etc. have been locked back in the pens of each family. The cubs also wilted.

Wu Nuo saw that the orc cubs who were alive and kicking were all listless for some reason, and after asking, he found out that they still wanted to herd.

Wu Nuo grew up in the city and spent very limited time in the countryside. However, he once heard from a relative that some animals cannot be kept in captivity blindly.

For example, sheep, that relative's family has a flock of goats, as long as the weather is good, he will drive the flock outside for a walk. Frequently letting them go out for a walk not only saves the effort of feeding, but the flocks often move outside, which can reduce many diseases and improve the quality of the meat.

Another example is cattle. Wu Nuo remembers that when he went to the countryside to play when he was a child, he would go to herd cattle with his friends. When plowing in spring and autumn, cattle were the main labor force. It was not until later that mechanized farming became more and more popular that cattle farming gradually withdrew from the historical stage of rural areas. Cattle farming has a history of thousands of years in the big foodie country. Even today, some remote and low-level mechanization places still continue the tradition of cattle farming.

The wild cattle here in the Changhe Tribe are 60% like the farming cattle in Wu Nuo's impression, they are taller, the horns on their heads are thicker and sharper, and the hair on their bodies is thicker and thicker. They are closer to the snowy yaks. And their tempers are completely different from the gentle and slow cattle. They are irritable and have a strong temper.

Leaving aside the defects in the temperament of the bulls, they are more tolerant than the farm cattle. If they are really domesticated, they will be of great significance to the tribe.

Judging from the current situation, in the future, the food that the Black Forest can provide will inevitably become less and less. If the Changhe Tribe wants to continue to develop and even grow, it must take the road of farming. However, manpower is limited, and it may be feasible to open up wasteland and cultivate land by manpower alone in a short period of time, but it will definitely not work after a long time.

Wu Nuo couldn't explain why it was too complicated. He only knew that if manpower alone was feasible, cattle farming would not have appeared in the history of big foodies or even many farming societies.

Brutal cattle are difficult to domesticate, but domestication of any animal cannot be achieved overnight, and there will be no results if you don't try. Wu Nuo patted the little lion cub

on the head, and said with a smile: "If you can promise not to give up halfway, I will go to the leader and the big witch for you to talk about it."

He is a big boy, and usually he doesn't like people touching his head except for his father, mother, elder brother, elder brother, elder sister, and Da Wu. Wu Nuo, Wu Nuo can barely accept what he says.

↑The lion cub's bright eyes and tail wagging very cheerfully don't seem to be forced.

Without the guarantee from other cubs, the little lion cub said aggressively: "Who dares to give up halfway, see if I don't bite his ass!" After saying that, he bared his teeth at the cubs.

The little lion cub loves to get into trouble and fights, and it is really powerful. Of course, the little lion cub alone is not scary. The scary thing is that he also has a super protective sister, two special protective brothers, and a mother who is afraid of even the leader. mom!

The less timid pure human cubs shrank their butts unconsciously, while the unconvinced orc cubs bared their teeth back. Seeing that they were about to quarrel again, Wu Nuo hurriedly said: "Who do you want to go with me to find the leader and the great witch?" What?" The

leader is majestic and upright, and has always been lenient to the youngsters. The youngsters are not very afraid of him, but the big witch, although he often smiles, but every time they feel uncomfortable, the big witch will make them disgusting. Witch medicine, if you can't drink it, you pour it, and when you pour it, you have a smile on your face, it's really scary qaq!

The little boys shook their heads like rattles, and ran away in a flash.

Wu Nuo couldn't see that it was the great witch that these little brats were afraid of. He was a little puzzled, and muttered, "Isn't the big witch pretty good? Why are all these little brats afraid of him?" It seemed that Bai was most afraid of the big witch.

Skipping the doubts in his heart, Wu Nuo went directly to Dawu, and it happened that the leader was also discussing things with Dawu, so he happened to tell them both of his thoughts.

The big witch said: "...Your idea is not wrong. Bulls can indeed be domesticated. When I was traveling outside, I saw people using bulls to hunch things. However, bulls have a violent temper, and it is not easy to tame them. And , I have never seen anyone using bulls to farm, and you Huaxia tribe are very powerful."

Wu Nuo said: "It's a pity that I don't know how the tribe domesticated livestock before. Now I can only find out slowly. I think You can start with grazing first." Wu Nuo also talked about the benefits of grazing.

After Jin Tong heard this, he nodded again and again: "This is a good idea. Let the cubs watch them and open up more wasteland. Next year we can grow more white sweet potatoes!

" greasy! In contrast, Wu Nuo said that he still prefers to eat rice.

But where to get rice seeds is still a big problem.

Wu Nuo said euphemistically: "The soil outside our tribe is very fertile. Not only can we grow white sweet potatoes, but also many things." Planting requires two basic conditions, one is soil, and the other is water source. The Changhe tribe has both. Moreover, the terrain is flat and the conditions are unique.

Jin Tong said happily: "The ancestors migrated from far away back then, and they really came to the right place. Of course, the main thing is to thank you, Wu Nuo, thank you for your willingness to help the tribe and help everyone overcome the current difficulties."

Wu Nuo said seriously : "I am also a member of the tribe, and it is my honor to serve the tribe." The

big witch finally said: "If those cubs want to herd, let them go. Whether it is taming those prey or opening up wasteland, it is a good thing for the tribe. " Jintong, you continue to talk about what happened just now, Wu Nuo, you can also listen to it together."

Wu Nuo looked suspicious, nodded and obediently stayed aside as an audience.

What Jintong told Dawu was nothing but the annual tribal fair.

The date of the tribal trade fair is the annual god's birthday, which is held by the most powerful nearby tribes. In the past ten years, it has been held by the Muyuan tribe.

Almost all tribes around, big or small, will participate, and occasionally even tribes from far away will participate. Each tribe will prepare trading items in advance in exchange for what they want.

Of course, during the transaction, it is impossible for the buyer and the seller to like each other's items at the same time. After a long period of running-in, the coarse salt has gradually become a common currency, acting as a currency-like role.

The Muyuan tribe is the strongest and wealthiest among the many tribes because they have coarse salt.

Of course, the pastoral tribes themselves do not produce salt. Their salt is exchanged from a distant super tribe, and then resold to the surrounding tribes.

It's not that the other tribes didn't think about prying their corners. It's a pity that those who tried to find that tribe to exchange salt either disappeared or died on the way. Some people tried so hard to find that tribe, but the other party refused to exchange salt. He, for many years no one has succeeded in bringing salt back.

Everyone knew that the Muyuan tribe must be playing tricks in the dark, but there was nothing they could do about him.

The Muyuan tribe relied on its own strength and acted extremely domineeringly. If it found out that someone was secretly changing the salt, it would dare to cut off that tribe's salt, or raise the price to an unacceptable level. Some small tribes even had nowhere to go, so they had to disband and join other tribes.

Over the years, prey in the Black Forest has become less and less, and Muyuan has continued to increase the price of salt. Earlier, one high-quality animal hide could be exchanged for a barrel of salt, but last year, ten high-quality animal hides could be exchanged for a barrel of salt. The price of trading with other items has also increased from several times to more than ten times.

A barrel of salt is very little, and a standard family of five needs to save money. One barrel of salt is enough for a month.

There are more than 1,200 people in the Changhe Tribe, which is equivalent to more than 240 households of five. It takes nearly 3,000 barrels of salt to exchange, which is enough for the entire tribe to live for a whole year.

This is only last year's price. This year's cold winter situation is even more severe. With the consistent style of the Muyuan tribe, it is inevitable to increase the price.

In addition, the big witch is also worried that the Muyuan tribe has a close relationship with the Hanyan tribe secretly. The leader of the Hanyan tribe regards Bai as a thorn in his flesh. The second time he snatched the prey of the Hanyan tribe, it was bound to attract fear.

The Muyuan Tribe would not easily fight with the Changhe Tribe, nor would they fight openly with Wu Quan, for fear that they would do something secretly.

The big witch can have such confidence, not because he is blind, but because he has learned a lot of witchcraft formulas and preparation skills during his travels abroad. He can proudly say that, not to mention the tribes around him, there are some super-tribal big witches , may not be as good as him in configuring witchcraft.

Based on this, the Muyuan Tribe did not dare to offend him.

The witch medicine formulated by the witch power is one of the main trade items of the Changhe tribe, and it is also the most popular trade item at the fair.

But even though Wu Quan had such self-confidence, he was facing an embarrassing situation - he was already old and could not protect the Changhe Tribe for many years.

Although Shuisha has the blood of a great witch, his qualifications are limited. After studying with him for so many years, he has only learned some superficial knowledge. There is no problem with knowing medicine and distinguishing the nature of medicine, water and sand, but she always lacks some spirituality in prescribing the right medicine, and her witchcraft power is weak, and the witchcraft boiled out has limited medicinal power after all. Compared with the position of the Great Witch of the Changhe Tribe, Shuisha is more suitable to be a priest.

Now his only hope is Wu Nuo.

I hope he doesn't let himself down.