Chapter 45 Burning Bricks

A miracle caused the Changhe tribe to fall into an unprecedented frenzy.

However, the big witch and the leader issued a seal order that no one is allowed to disclose the fact that the gods came to the world, and the "artifacts" bestowed by the gods are managed and distributed by the tribe, and no one is allowed to disclose the fact that the tribe owns the artifacts.

Although the Changhe Tribe has the name of the Four Great Tribes, it does not have the reality of the Four Great Tribes. It is the right way to make a fortune in silence. What will happen.

The great witch has just led a miracle, and his prestige in the hearts of everyone has reached its peak. No one dares to disobey his orders.

At the 'request' of the great witch, Wu Nuo, as his disciple, demonstrated to everyone the correct use of these four agricultural tools.

Then, the arrangements for the use of the 'artifact' came out.

All the 30 sickles were distributed to the slaves for weeding. With these sharp and handy tools, the work efficiency of the slaves was greatly increased, and there was a surplus of labor. Wu Nuo selected some of them to assist pure human warriors such as stars to participate in the firing of bricks and tiles.

30 axes and 20 machetes, all of which are used by pure human warriors and slaves who cut and process wood. With these axes and machetes, the tribe's logging speed has been greatly improved, and two to three hundred usable logs can be harvested a day, and Lots of firewood.

20 I took half of the hoe to dig the ditch, and the length dug out in one day exceeded all the previous work. Moreover, it was probably because the 'artifact' brought everyone magical confidence (reason) power (action) and miraculously, no one was disturbed by the poisonous gas anymore. All of this undoubtedly cast a veil of mystery on the 'artifact'. The other ten hoes were used to dig the mountain, and the speed of building the kiln suddenly increased several times. After a short time, the brick kiln took shape.

However, many people in the tribe were very dissatisfied with this arrangement—is

it reasonable to hand over the artifact to the slaves? is this fair

The quick-tempered orcs and pure people immediately started trouble with the big witch, but who is the big witch? The big witch didn't even need to speak, just stared, and these guys gave up first.

There is no way, the residents of the Changhe Tribe know that there are two taboos in the tribe that cannot be touched.

Da Wu is one of the oldest elders in the tribe. All the residents in the tribe grew up under his watch. Who hasn't been given witch medicine by the big witch pinching his chin with a smile?

However, the shadow left by childhood did not fade away as everyone grew older. On the contrary, as they grew up, everyone became more aware of the unfathomable and far-sightedness of the Dawu, and their feelings for the Dawu gradually changed from fear to awe.

Both respect and fear.

Everyone made a fuss to no avail, so they could only choose a roundabout tactic.

Every time the soldiers of the hunting team returned to the tribe after hunting, the first thing they did was to grab work from the slaves. The slaves use these tools every day, and of course they are more familiar with the skills of using these tools, because they know that these god-given things are extremely precious, and they cherish them in daily use. Every time they saw the soldiers using these 'artifacts' indiscriminately, even the timid slaves would summon up the courage to point out their mistakes to the ferocious soldiers and give them correct guidance.

After going back and forth, gradually, the slaves dared to straighten their backs and raise their heads in front of their masters. People who had long been prejudiced against slaves also discovered that slaves were not as stupid as livestock as they imagined.

Unexpectedly, the residents of the tribe and the slaves gradually became harmonious. At the same time, with the participation of tribal residents who voluntarily rob work, work efficiency has increased unprecedentedly.

After using the iron pick, after nearly seven days, a 3-meter-wide and 15-meter-long ditch was finally dug out on the basis of favorable terrain. The steaming clay slowly flows into the ditch along the gentle slope.

In the past few days, Wu Nuo has not been idle, and has been experimenting with the "super sticky mixture" with Xing every day, trying to make it into bricks and tiles of suitable size. Only Wu Nuo has seen what these two things look like, and Xing is more looking for materials suitable for making molds.

Square bricks are relatively easy to make, and Wu Nuo quickly made a suitable mold with a special wood provided by Xing. The clay in the Land of the Dead is extremely viscous. Xing has tried many materials. Only this kind of wood with a very unique smell can not be stuck by the clay at all. The mold made of it can easily remove the formed bricks. come out.

Because there are no special tools at hand, the mold cannot be made too delicate. The bricks produced are rectangular, about 40 cm long, 20 cm wide, and 24 cm high, much larger than ordinary bricks.

After the clay is made into bricks, it is slowly cooled from the skin to the inside, and left to dry in the field for two days, the skin will become hard and brittle, and no longer sticky. The mud extracted from the land of death is cooler than the mud used directly. After making bricks with molds, the skin will lose its stickiness after drying for a day and a night.

Making bricks was relatively smooth, but we had to wait until the earthen kiln was built and fired to know whether it was successful or not.

In contrast, the production of tiles is much more difficult.

Wu Nuo still remembered what the tiles he saw in the countryside looked like, but it was too difficult to make them. Unlike bricks, the tiles are square and square, and each tile has an arched arc in the middle. The arc can neither be too high nor too low, otherwise it may cause the house to leak.

Wu Nuo tried for several days, but there was no result. In the end, he got an idea and asked Wang Sanhu to upload a correct tile mold to the system. If he didn't buy it, he just took a look, wrote down the general appearance, and drew it after going back. Gourd imitation.

As a reward, he gave Wang Sanhu 100 taels of silver. In the absence of a transaction, he could not directly give the silver to Wang Sanhu, so he exchanged the 100 taels of silver with Wang Sanhu for 100 catties of grain seeds plus 100 unhulled rice.

In the world where Wang Sanhu lives, 100 catties of grain seeds plus 100 catties of paddy rice are worth one or two taels of silver. Wu Nuo offered him 100 taels of silver to buy it, and asked him to bring a tile mold to the system trading area. According to the request, he went to the village to borrow one and then returned it. At best, he would spend an extra ten points for the upload fee, which was not a big deal at all.

As far as Wu Nuo is concerned, the world he lives in already has rice, but he has not yet found the seeds. For 100 catties of grain seeds plus 100 catties of rice, the system only asks him for 1000 points. Literally, I couldn't be more conscientious.

So, Wu Nuo spent 9 trading coins and 1,000 points to exchange for 100 catties of grain seeds plus 100 catties of rice. On the way, he carefully observed the correct appearance of the tile mold.

People are really forced out.

Withdrew from the trading system, Wu Nuo gave himself thirty-two praises for his wit!

Wu Nuo's memory is already good. After practicing the system card "Basic Physical Technique", he faintly feels that his memory is better than before. Although it has not reached the level of photographic memory, it is not far behind. .

When he was on the system, he had turned over and over the tile mold countless times, and he was familiar with all the details of the mold.

After several attempts, Wu Nuo succeeded in imitating the mold, which was exactly the same as the one Wang Sanhu showed him.

At the moment when the mold was successfully imitated, the data flow in the system chip ran a little faster than usual - it seems that the stupid host occasionally has moments when it is not hot and stupid, and it is not hopeless. (←Hey, system, your chip's reaction is so much more honest than your 'thought', is it really good?)

With the right mold, the task of making tiles becomes easier, Wu Nuo gave a simple tutorial , Xing and several slaves quickly got started.

The tiles are much thinner than bricks, and after only one day and one night, they are completely cooled and solidified, and the unfired tiles have the hardness of ordinary tiles.

I don't know what effect these bricks and tiles will have after firing.

After another five full days, the kiln was completely built according to the system drawings. The specifications and proportions of the earthen kiln are completely in accordance with the original drawings of the system, which can simultaneously fire 3,000 tiles and 3,000 bricks at a time.

However, Wu Nuo's bricks are not of a standard size, and only 1,000 bricks can be fired at a time.

Carrying the expectations of all the people in the tribe, the bricks and tiles were continuously sent into the newly built earthen kiln, coded according to Wu Nuo's requirements, piled up layer by layer, and finally the piles were sealed and the top layer of bricks was covered. Wu Nuo lit the dry grass with his own hands, slowly led the charcoal at the bottom, and then filled it with firewood. After burning for three days with ordinary dry firewood, then with high-oil dry firewood for three days, a large amount of hot charcoal was left after the dry firewood was burnt out. After another whole day, Wu Nuo kept observing the kiln roof For mouth bricks, see that the cover bricks become transparent and shiny as shown in the drawing, it is declared that the bricks and tiles have been fired and mature, and there is no need to continue to add firewood.

Then, he asked everyone to continuously add water to the top of the kiln, so that the water soaked into the kiln. It took a full five days, and every brick and tile in the kiln had absorbed enough water. After cooling down, he ordered people to open the kiln to fetch bricks.

That afternoon, almost all the descendants of the Changhe Tribe gathered in front of the kiln.

Bai looked at the slowly opening cave, his nervous heart was about to jump out, he felt that he had never been so nervous in his life, he lowered his head and asked Wu Nuo quietly: "Nuo, do you think it will be successful?"

Wu Nuo was full of confidence, glared at him, and asked without answering, "What? You don't have confidence in me?"

Bai quickly shook his head, and Leng Jun's face seemed to be cracked, revealing a trace of panic, "No, of course No, I have confidence in you, and I will definitely succeed."

Wu Nuo was pleased by his expression, smiled and stretched out his hand to pat his head: "Idiot, just wait and see." The system's task progress suddenly jumped to 65 %, it would be weird if it didn't work.

Don't look at Wu Nuo's calm face, in fact, if there is no system cheating reminder, he might be more nervous than Bai right now.

Among the crowd, an orc from afar saw Bai being slapped by Wu Nuo, the orc felt his feet go limp, and thought, It's over, it's over, Master Wu Nuo will definitely be torn to pieces by Bai Nuo!

However, the expected scene of blood and rain did not appear. Instead, there was a rare and proud smile on Bai's face. The orc dared to bet that if Bai was in the shape of a beast, his tail would definitely fly up.

I don't know why, but I feel that this whiteness is more terrifying than the usual demon. The orc couldn't help shivering a little. Before Bai's eyes noticed him, he quickly moved his eyes away and fixed his gaze on the kiln.

Soon, someone came out holding the burnt bricks.