Chapter 72 Cat Winter

The temperature in the cellar is high, and it is very warm without a fire. A simple person can live through the night just by covering a piece of animal skin. It is easy to get dizzy for a long time. Moreover, the cellar is full of food, and there are very limited places to live in. If it is not too cold, no one wants to sleep in the cellar.

The heavy snow fell intermittently for more than a month. Before the snow completely blocked the road, the orc warriors drove the bulls and transported the last batch of coal from the cursed land back to the tribe. Back to the tribe together.

Heavy snow blocked the mountain, Shi Hu and the others also withdrew from the black forest. During this period of time, the salt crystals they dug up have been boiled into blood salt one after another. If there is no accident, there is enough for all of them to be used until the second half of next year. The mountain walls around the mine were covered with snow and ice, and it was impossible to climb up. It was only by flying up and down in vain that Shi Hu and the others and the dug salt crystals were all brought out.

After a night of heavy snowfall, the snow covered the mine and erased their traces in the forest.

Back in the tribe, those who participated in digging for salt crystals never mentioned the location of the mine.

As time went by day by day, the heavy snow did not weaken, but became heavier and heavier. The strong wind howled, and it was like a knife cutting the body, so that people couldn't open their eyes at all.

The snow is getting thicker and thicker, and many places have reached the knees. The bullocks are dragging the ox cart, which is full of bricks, tiles and clay, and it is almost impossible to walk. It used to be that the bullock carts set off from the tribe in the morning and returned from the land of death in the evening, but now it takes three days and two nights to run. The temperature at night is especially low. The orc warriors driving the bulls dare not sleep in the wild at night. I was afraid that I would fall asleep and never wake up again.

Although bulls are resistant to cold, they will inevitably get frostbite when they walk in the snow every day. The cold weather and physical pain make them more and more irritable and rebellious. Some of them have a stubborn temper and even use their horns to confront the orcs. Warriors, the restraint of the whip on them is getting weaker and weaker. A very small number of bulls who are not in good health were directly frozen to death on the road. The situation is not optimistic.

Due to the low temperature, the super-viscous mixture quickly cooled and hardened after leaving the land of death, and soon after it was pulled back to the tribe, it lost its proper viscosity and turned into stones, making it unusable.

In the end, there was really no other way. All the orc warriors of the tribe were dispatched, turned into animal shapes and ran several times day and night, before transporting the last bit of burnt bricks and tiles back to the tribe.

Bai flew back and forth for several days, ran dozens of times, and finally got enough clay to build the house.

Seeing Bai Damiao, who had lost a whole circle of weight, made Wu Nuo feel bad.

However, such efforts are worthwhile. With the joint efforts of all Luo, all the dug foundations were turned into new houses, including the collective dormitories for the slaves, before the snowstorm came.

The people who are finally free have started a comfortable cat winter life.

No matter how strong the wind and snow outside are, light a pot of coal fire at home, add a few pieces of coal into it from time to time, the whole room will be warm, surrounded by a brazier, it is not to mention how comfortable it is to stay at home. Of course, comfort is comfortable. Everyone remembers that when grilling coal fires, windows must be opened for ventilation. So far, no poisoning incidents have occurred.