Chapter 39 Trading Items

There are as many as two to three hundred tribes around the black forest. The Muyuan tribe is the largest among the many tribes, and also has the largest number of people. There are seven or eight hundred orc warriors alone, which is not considered unformed. There are more than 2,000 ordinary pure human residents, and the remaining half-orcs and slaves add up to more than 8,000, and the total number exceeds 10,000.

The second and third places in terms of overall strength are the Valley Tribe and the Dashi Tribe respectively, with a total of more than 8,000 and 6,000 people respectively.

The Changhe Tribe, ranked last among the four major tribes, had a population of four to five thousand people at its peak, and its strength was only slightly inferior to that of the Muyuan Tribe.

The decline of the Changhe Tribe began with the battle with the Cold Rock Tribe many years ago. At that time, the tribe killed as many as two or three hundred orc warriors. Although they defeated the Cold Rock Tribe in the end, the death of a large number of orc warriors caused the tribe's combat effectiveness to be severe. The direct consequence of the recession is a serious shortage of food reserves in the cold winter. As a last resort, Da Wu and Jin Tong, who had just become the leader at that time, could only choose to sell the slaves of the tribe in exchange for some food for the winter.

However, even though they sold all the slaves in the tribe at a low price, they still didn't get enough food. Many pure people, orc cubs and old orcs starved to death and froze to death in that cold winter. There are also some orcs and pure people who can't make it through, and defected to the tribe with their families.

After finally surviving the cold winter, the number of the Changhe Tribe has dropped to just over a thousand. Many young orcs and pure humans have left, and the surviving cubs are even more pitiful.

The consequence of the population gap is that the number of the Changhe tribe has not grown up these years, and the strength of the tribe is low. If it were not for the presence of a big witch, the Changhe tribe would have been squeezed out of the four major tribes by other tribes.

As for the other three tribes headed by the Muyuan tribe, because of their own strength, they constantly absorbed and annexed the surrounding small tribes, and their population and strength grew extremely fast.

Friction is inevitable in this process. The Muyuan tribe controls the Yanlu, intending to dominate the family, and ambitiously wants to absorb all the surrounding tribes and form a super tribe.

However, the black forest covers a very large area. The pastoral tribe is located in the easternmost part of the forest, living in the grasslands, with a lot of prey, and is less dependent on the black forest; the valley tribe is located in the northernmost part of the forest, sitting on a huge In the canyon, the temperature should be the lowest, but because of the shelter of the canyon and mountains, there is heat coming out of the ground. There is no ice in the valley all year round, and the seasons are like spring. On the contrary, it is the tribe that is least affected by the cold winter; To the west, the upper reaches of the Changhe Tribe, the legendary cursed land, is full of black soil, but the vegetation is sparse, and the birds and animals are scarce. The tribe's food source is completely dependent on the output of the Black Forest. Probably because of this barrenness, the warriors of the Dashi Tribe, whether they are orcs or Pure people are exceptionally brave and good at fighting; the last is the Changhe tribe. The Changhe tribe is located in the southernmost part of the forest, separated from the forest by a long river. The terrain is flat and fertile, and there are many common but indispensable witch medicines growing around. People don't know how to plant, wasting the advantages of natural geographical environment in vain.

It is precisely because the four major tribes are located in four directions of the forest, and it takes more than ten days to walk the closest to each other, and more than a month to walk farther away, so no matter how ambitious the Muyuan tribe is, they want to annex the other three tribes. The tribes, especially the valley tribe and the Dashi tribe, are not easy to talk about.

However, this does not mean that the Muyuan tribe has given up. In the past few years, it has almost absorbed and devoured the small tribes closest to it, leaving only some slightly larger tribes struggling. Among them, the Hanyan tribe naturally It is a lot of effort.

The Hanyan tribe is located in the middle of the Changhe tribe and the Muyuan tribe. In the early days, there were many conflicts with the Muyuan tribe. thing.

Dawu intentionally made Wu Nuo his successor. During the discussion with the leader, he deliberately mentioned the situation of the surrounding tribes so that he could have a more intuitive understanding of the situation of the Changhe tribe.

Wu Nuo had heard from Bai that the Changhe Tribe was one of the four major tribes around him, and he thought it was quite powerful, but he didn't expect it to be nothing but an empty shell, unable to be compared with the other three tribes at all, and the situation was quite dire.

It's no wonder that when he proposed to grow white sweet potatoes earlier, the big witch and the leader asked the whole tribe to cooperate with him without much hesitation. Among them, his deception certainly played a role, but more, I'm afraid it was because of desperation, the two made a desperate choice.

There is only less than a month left before the tribal assembly, and a lot of time has been lost in order to rush to plant white sweet potatoes.

At the tribal fair, each tribe, especially the four major tribes, has its own unique trading items.

There is no doubt that the pastoral tribes are salt;

the most famous trade product of the valley tribes is the shed skin of their tribesmen, which has the effect of repelling insects, detoxification and treating sores. If it is combined with other things to make special witchcraft, It can improve the chances of orcs' transformation, and is no less precious than salt; the most famous trading items of the Dashi tribe are all kinds of stone tools. The stone tools of their tribe are more useful and durable than ordinary stone tools. They are especially good at polishing weapons. Many orc warriors Both the warriors and the pure human warriors are proud of owning the weapons of the big stone tribe. They also have some weapons polished with special materials, which are extremely sharp. Only the leaders of the big tribe and very powerful orcs can afford them. When the Changhe Tribe was strong, there were three weapons of this special material, but they were all sold off; and among the trade items of the Changhe Tribe, apart from the witch medicine equipped by the Great Witch Power, the most popular one was a beast. Skin.

When Dawu was traveling outside, he secretly learned two methods of tanning animal skins from a super large tribe, one of which was the method of tanning fur. The fur tanned by this method is soft and tasteless, bright in color and long-lasting Longer and warmer at the same time, it is very suitable for wearing in the cold winter.

In the cold winter, when the mountains are blocked by heavy snow and cannot go out, the orcs usually turn into beasts, and the natural fur can play a very good role in keeping warm. But pure people can't do it, they can only rely on animal skins for warmth. Therefore, the tanned fur of the Changhe tribe is most favored by the pure people of all tribes.

Of course, although orcs do not need animal skins to keep warm in animal form, they also need to wear animal skins when they transform into human forms. Female orcs especially like the brightly colored animal skins of the Changhe tribe, whether they are made into clothes or worn directly. It is very comfortable to use as a quilt on the bed. Some wealthy orcs will also specially select good-looking whole skins and put them at home as decorations.

Another method that the big witch stole is specially used for tanning leather. The cow leather tanned by the Changhe tribe is strong and durable. The super tribe who was stolen by the big witch used this kind of leather as leather. Armor, to protect the body. But in the nearby tribes, there are not many people who like leather. Even if the big witch asks people to make leather armor according to the style he remembers, no one likes it. That super tribe also used this method to tan sheep leather, and their big witches and priests would record the tribe's major events and witchcraft formulas on the sheepskin rolls, or others would use them to pass on news. It's a pity that neither the Changhe tribe nor the other nearby tribes have writing, and parchment is useless.

In the end, the unsalable leather of the tribe, the big witch had someone sew it into a big bag. He drew spells on it, performed witchcraft, and then used it to store the dried witch medicine, which worked well.

Of course, witchcraft and animal skins are the unified trading items of the entire tribe, and they are mainly used to trade the necessities of the tribe. And if the orcs and pure people want other things, they can also exchange their own private property. For example, the remaining animal skins, prey, fruits, stone tools and so on after being handed over to the tribe.

For the tribal residents who lack activities, the annual tribal fair is a rare event, and there is no one who does not want to participate. But how far is the distance between the Changhe tribe and the Muyuan tribe? It will take nearly half a month to walk on foot, and there are still many dangers on the road. Although the tribes agree that fighting and robbing other people's property are not allowed during the trade fair, there are still many people who do not follow suit. Guys who play cards with common sense, such as the cold rock tribe who make a living by plundering. The small tribes planted in their hands every year are not a small number.

Almost every tribe will choose the most powerful orc warriors in the tribe to participate in the trade fair. On the one hand, it is to protect their own property, and on the other hand, it is also to compete and show off their tribe's force.

The Changhe Tribe only has about 200 orc warriors in total, and they have to stay to guard the tribe and hunt. For the sake of fairness, the participants are usually selected through competitions. Only the top 50 orcs who win the competition are eligible join.

In order to obtain this participation qualification, the orcs have worked hard in secret. Besides being a lot of fun participating in the fair itself, they can make a small profit if other people in the tribe ask them to help trade things back.

In addition to the orc warriors, Dawu and Shuisha would also go to the Muyuan tribe every year to participate in the trade fair. After all, they were the main force selling witch medicine.

This year Dawu wants to bring another person with him.

"... Shall I go too?" Wu Nuo asked, pointing at himself.

"That's right, it just so happens that you can also see if there is anything you like at the trade fair, and get acquainted with the other tribes along the way." Da Wu said.

Wu Nuo wanted to see it from the bottom of his heart, but not to mention that his only pair of shoes was on the verge of collapse, just thinking about the one-month walk back and forth on the road and the dangers he might encounter on the road, his heart I started to refuse, and my mind was already involuntarily thinking about the reasons for the rejection.

System: [Compulsory task four: Participate in the tribal fair.

Task time limit: 80 days.

Task reward: 5000 points, random draw once. 】Wu Nuo: 【...System, have you forgotten, did you issue another mandatory task to me last night? 】System: 【The two tasks can be carried out simultaneously without conflict. 】

Wu Nuo: ...(╯‵口′)╯︵┻━┻