Chapter 119 Deterrence and Preparation

Everything is difficult at the beginning, but with the first finished product, the following things will be much smoother.

It took nearly a month before and after, and Bai and the slaves built a total of four giant canoes.

Each canoe is more than 30 meters long, nearly 2 meters high, and the widest part of the cabin reaches 5 meters. Only for people, a full boat can hold forty or fifty people. It is not a problem to be able to seat more than ten or twenty people. In this day and age, such a canoe is definitely a behemoth.

When a new ship is built, it naturally has to be launched into the water for sea trials.

Sixty slaves worked together and it took three full days to transport the first canoe out of the forest.

Bai chose to test the water at the upper reaches of the river, following the flow down to the Great Lakes.

It was hard for the slaves to believe that such a colossal monster was made by them. Relying on their good water quality, they were all eager to try the huge wooden boat floating quietly on the water.

After getting along with each other for this period of time, Wu Nuo's Dahu dialect was very fluent except for the slightly strange accent. He randomly named more than a dozen slaves, let them board the boat, stood by the river bank in vain, and untied the hemp rope. , kicked the canoe hard.

"It's moving! It's moving!"

"The boat ran away! The boat ran away!"

"Why is the boat spinning around in place?"

Both the slaves on the shore and the slaves on the boat were a little confused. Riding a boat and swimming are two different concepts. , especially the slaves who took the boat for the first time, the wooden boat rose and fell with the current, spinning on the wide river surface, many people looked at the water splash around the wooden boat, their heads began to feel dizzy, and their eyes straightened reads; little nun .

"People on the wooden boat listen, pick up your paddles, remember what I told you? Use the paddles to paddle, pay attention to control the direction, and let the wooden boat move!" Standing on the shore, Wu Nuo said loudly.

His voice clearly reached the ears of every slave on the ship. The panicked slaves, as if they had found their backbone, picked up the oars they had prepared earlier in the morning and rowed vigorously in the water.

It doesn't matter if you don't row, this row, the canoe swayed from side to side even more violently.

Wu Nuo has been in a small fishing boat and a small bamboo raft, but that was all when he was a child. Later, the river was polluted, and there was a strong smell. There were no fish in the river, and the fishermen chopped up the fishing boats for firewood. Hey, where is there a boat for him to row Wu Nuo can help them make the oars according to the same pattern, but how to row them has to be figured out by the slaves themselves.

Fortunately, the giant wooden boat was strong enough, and the current was not too fast. The wooden boat circled in the water, but it was always stable and did not capsize.

The slaves struggled on the boat for a long time, and gradually figured out some ways. Slowly, the wooden boat stopped spinning, and the slaves on the boat began to shout. The cooperation became more and more tacit, and the wooden boat finally floated in the river. Driven by it, it slowly flows down the river.

"It's done, it's really done!"

"Aoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..."