Chapter 1 - 3

Chapter One

The world is devastated, with ruins strewn with corpses, dark and hazy skies, desperate humans and bloodthirsty beasts. There are storms every three days and earthquakes every four days. Every corner is filled with disasters, is there still a place in this world where they can live?

Tang Ming sat on the city wall and watched numbly as the wild beasts outside kept roaring and scratching the wall. With one claw, he could scratch off the city wall that was two bricks thick. This survivor base worked hard to build a city wall more than ten meters thick using new materials. It probably won't last long.

But everyone was sitting quietly, no movement, no talking, no moving. Whether it was the people patrolling the city wall or the haggard people inside the base, all the living people were sitting and waiting to die.

Because they all know that they really can't stop the beast tide this time. The thermal weapons in the base have been exhausted, and the laboratory arsenal has no materials for making weapons. Those knives have no effect on the beasts. When the knife goes down, what is broken is the knife instead of the claw of the beast. Even the fur cannot be cut, and there are thousands of wild beasts outside.

These mutated beasts can only kill dozens of people who have no strength to control them, but the total number of men, women, and children in their base is only two to three thousand, and they are out of ammunition and food. In addition, there are no The total number of foreign aid coming to rescue, or the total number of bases in China as a whole, does not exceed ten. There is no base available for rescue. It is very difficult for them to protect their own bases. Where will there be extra troops here?

So now we can only wait to die?

The half-grown child next to Tang Ming looked up and said in a hoarse voice from not drinking water for a long time: "I saw a mouse as big as a hippopotamus. Brother Ming, do you think it's serious?"

Sit down. The person next to Tang Ming is his recently adopted younger brother. He is a completely ordinary child. He is only fifteen years old. It has been about ten years since the natural disaster began. In other words, he was only five years old at that time. It is really true that he can survive more than ten years. It's not easy.

Tang Ming seemed to have felt the shaking of the city wall. He took out two white pills from his pocket and handed one to the young man. "Take it. It will save you the pain of being torn to death later. This is Big brother’s last gift for you.”

The young man took the pills with a smile, put them in his mouth, chewed them, and said with a smile, "It’s a bit bitter. I seemed to have eaten candy when I was very young. It’s sweet. I don’t remember how it tastes, I really want to try it again..."

Tang Ming also chewed the slightly bitter pill and swallowed it, so that he could die faster, "It’s good to die, no need. After suffering, you don't have to worry about food, and maybe you can go to a place where you can eat sweets, don't you think?"

Blood spilled from the corner of the young man's mouth, and his mind was beginning to blur. He vaguely heard his words, "Well..."

Tang Ming turned to look at the boy who had stopped breathing and heartbeat, and then looked up at the others. People on the city wall began to stuff medicine into their mouths. This was still the privilege of them. Others in the base even There is no chance of dying quickly by taking the medicine. His body has been modified to a certain extent, so the time of death from the poison will be delayed.

He raised his right hand and looked at it again and again. It was intact, but it was very rough. In fact, before undergoing the transformation, his right hand was missing three fingers and half of his palm due to something. As for why it was missing... he He doesn't want to recall too much now. At the last moment of his life, he just wants to recall some better things that can make him happy, rather than such a tragic betrayal.