Lean on Me

Summary: When Mal is spying on Uma and Harry, she suffers a rather terrible injury and stumbles back to the hideout. Little does she know, someone is waiting there to tend her wounds and take care of her. Slight mentions of Huma and lots of Mal and Evie feels. Thank you to @Malvieshipper101 for the wonderful suggestion!!!

   "Huh... I wonder what in the heck they're up to," Mal muttered under her breath, furrowing her brow in concentration as she squinted a little and took in the sight of the three people in the alleyway nearby as she balanced precariously on a barely standing shed.

It was none other than Uma and Harry. However, they were accompanied by some shifty man in a cloak that was speaking quickly and looking over his shoulder every few moments as if he expected someone to suddenly appear behind him.

There were several things that Mal noticed about the situation. Firstly, the man seemed to be giving them information that he obviously desperately did not want someone to find out about. Secondly, Uma looked much too pleased with the intel she was apparently receiving. And thirdly, Harry was not taking his eyes off of Uma and was constantly dopily grinning at everything she did or said.

Mal rolled her eyes at the sight of the two. That was exactly why her and old Hairball broke up, after all. He was too fond of Uma, and Mal was not pleased with his loyalties. Of course, she did not really have any lingering feelings for him or anything, but it did somewhat irritate her that Uma won in that respect.

Mal realized that Uma was suddenly looking much more sly than pleased, and Mal moved her way forward, despite the fact that she did not have much more room to move. Additionally, the shed was suddenly making strange creaking sounds beneath her. Mal held onto the shed's frame firmly, leaning forward in an attempt to listen in on Uma's conversation. However, as soon as she shifted a bit more, the tin of the roof shuddered and completely collapsed underneath her, causing her to fall down.

Sheer panic ran through her until it was suddenly replaced by a sharp pain in her head as she collided with debris from the roof that had crumbled beneath her. In spite of herself, she yelped with the pain, suddenly realizing that her head had hit something even harder beneath the tin. She whined under her breath, clutching a hand to her head as she tried to recover and rolled over onto the cold concrete of the sidewalk. She was dizzy and she could feel that she was just on the edge of finding herself knocked out cold, so she knew she had to take it somewhat slow.

After a considerable amount of time, she reached out and felt around, suddenly making contact with a concrete block that she had quite obviously smacked her head against. Mal groaned deeply, suddenly remembering in her sluggish stupor that Uma was around. She removed her hand from her head and furrowed her brow painedly as she realized it was covered in blood.

She rolled over slowly, using both hands to help support herself as she slowly got to her feet, stumbling her way toward the one place that she knew she would be safe.

The secret lair.

.....................................................................................................................

"How did you hurt yourself?" Evie demanded softly, grasping at the back of Mal's neck with her hand as she held the girl in place so that she could better reach the gash on Mal's head. Mal winced at the feel of the rag compressed against her head. She grabbed Evie's wrist firmly, noting with immense irritation the headache that was pulsating even worse with the contact.

"I didn't!" Mal whined a little, immediately hating how her words came out. She sounded so desperate, and she absolutely despised the weakness in her voice. Fortunately, no one was nearby except for Evie, and even the boys were nowhere to be seen, for which she was quite thankful indeed. Of course, right now her head was so woozy that she honestly could not seem to bring herself to worry too much about who was around to see.