Never Again

Summary: Evie and Mal are at a New Year's Party when the two suffer from an interesting incident that no one counted on. When Uma and Ben get involved, it becomes a seriously wild night. Sister/best friend feels, Bal, Huma if you squint, and Jaudrey.

   "Evie, I really didn't want to come to this."

"M, you're the queen, and it's your party. It's kind of your job to show up," Evie replied, her hand resting on the small of Mal's back as she gently guided the shorter girl in the loud, noisy room.

They were currently in attendance of the New Year's Party that Mal had deemed necessary to take place. However, despite Mal's part in planning the party, she really didn't want to attend. She wanted everyone to be able to enjoy the party, but she didn't actually want to be social herself.

Before Evie had time to even start to push the both of them in the midst of the crowd, Mal spun around to face Evie. The bluenette accidentally bumped into the faerie gently, and Evie paused to look down at the girl standing directly before her. Mal had suddenly mustered the queenliest posture and smile that she could manage as she eyed Evie regally.

"Genevieve Grimhilde, I hereby pronounce you-"

"No."

"Why not?" Mal whined, and Evie took her arms, spinning her around to face the crowd.

"Because you've already tried to make me Queen for a Day six times this week," Evie replied simply, continuing in her guiding of Mal.

"There's Ben," Evie quickly pointed out, and Mal smiled slightly at the sight of her husband. Evie grinned, pleased that she could distract the faerie from her road of belligerence.

"Why don't you go see him, and I'll catch up to you in a few? I know that you'll be fine. It's just that initial crowd jitters. You always get over it in five minutes," Evie informed her easily, cradling the other girl's cheek in her hand, stroking it with her thumb.

Mal sighed, knowing that Evie was right. It was just that beginning nervousness that was always difficult for her to bear. Mal breathed deeply, exhaling fully before offering Evie a smile, leaning into her best friend's touch.

"Thank you, Evie."

"You're welcome. Now, go partay," Evie winked and Mal chuckled at her before turning to go.

"Love ya!" Mal called, and Evie beamed back at her.

"Love you, too!"

Evie watched as Mal walked away through the crowd to go and see Ben. Once she saw that Mal had made it to her husband okay, she smiled sweetly, turning and making her way over toward the bar.

Evie finally pushed over to the bar and she stood before it carefully, folding her hands in front of her sweetly.

"Can I have some iced tea, please?" Evie ordered kindly, looking at the bartender there. He seemed to be overly focused on his phone, so Evie averted her gaze for a moment, thinking she might try again in a few moments as she actually allowed herself to look at the party.

Evie looked around absentmindedly, taking in the entire party scene as she spotted Mal dancing with Ben in the midst of all of the people. She was really glad that Mal seemed to be fine now. Evie smiled lovingly at their sweetness as Ben leaned in close to Mal's ear before pressing his nose against her own. Those two really were her favorite couple in the midst of all of her friends.

"Grab yourself one over there," the bartender finally instructed as he pulled her from her thoughts, gesturing in a vague direction as he dedicated most of his time to watching his phone. Despite that, Evie was sure to give him an especially sweet smile as she approached the glasses of tea. She saw two seemingly separated groups of tea, and she shrugged, taking a drink confidently.