Urban Cowgirls Part 17

Summary: The girls have gotten fed up with the boys' constant teasing, and they make a bet: the boys pick a place, and the girls will stay there for several days, doing just fine and not chickening out, which will prove their strong independence. Naturally, the place was not what the girls bargained for. Full of friendship feels among the girls with Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, and Jarlos thrown in.

    "I think they were just trying to get rid of us," Audrey complained, and Uma just shrugged as they all started their trek down the road.

After Anne and George found out about their enormous mishap with the milking, they had proclaimed that the girls needed a break from farm life. So, naturally, they suggested what Audrey had officially dubbed a farm activity to draw them away from their troubles. After all, it was their last official full day there, and the elderly couple wanted them to enjoy it.

All five of them were dressed down significantly in only thin tank tops and short shorts as they walked down a dirt side road in search of a supposed creek that crossed the road not too far from the house.

Needless to say, Audrey wasn't enjoying it all.

"If they were, it certainly worked," Uma remarked, scratching at her bare shoulder absent-mindedly as they looked for any signs of a stream.

"But the thing is, I don't get it. Why would they send us to a stream of all things?" Audrey questioned, and Mal just shook her head nervously.

Evie quickly noticed the smaller girl's fear, and she squeezed Mal's hand in her own tightly and comfortingly. Evie knew that Mal was terrified of any body of water. Evie was sure that she would have an extremely hard time getting Mal to get in water that reached her mid-calves, which was approximately how deep this stream was supposed to be.

"It's going to be okay," Evie assured Mal reassuringly, and Mal looked at Evie somewhat worriedly but nodded trustingly.

"Hey, y'all, there it is!" Uma called from the front of the group with Audrey. Uma pointed down the road, and the rest of the girls approached where Uma and Audrey were standing.

"It really is crossing the road," Audrey remarked in suprise, and Uma looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, did you expect any less?"

"No, but I've just never quite seen anything like it," Audrey told her defensively.

"Let's go see it!" Evie excitedly cried, and Jane nodded wholeheartedly, despite the fact that she really didn't like the revealing clothes that she was wearing.

The five of them headed down the road and they approached the creek carefully, examining it with interest. However, everyone's types of interests seemed to vary greatly from person to person. Mal's was an interest in getting away from the water, Evie's was an interest in viewing its beauty, Uma's was an interest in getting into it, Jane's was an interest to examine the little minnows dwelling within it, and Audrey's was an interest in going back to the farmhouse.

"Oh, it's so pretty! A babbling brook," Evie pointed out, enthralled by the beauty of the stream, and Mal kept silent. Audrey's eyes went wide as she realized just how muddy the water was and how undoubtedly disgusting it was.

"We're supposed to get in this?!" Audrey demanded, and Evie shrugged and nodded slightly.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Nope, nope, nope, I'm not doing it," Audrey proclaimed loudly after only a moment, and as she was turning to leave in the direction from which they had all just came, Uma grabbed her around her midsection and pulled her back so that she was standing at the edge of the water.