Genevieve Labrador Part 11

Summary: Evie and Mal are looking for Mal's spell book that Celia has stolen again when a certain mishap occurs... A hairy mishap that Mal and Evie very unfortunately have to deal with. Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, Jarlos, and Core Four feels with a special emphasis on Evie and Mal's sisterly/best friend relationship.

   Evie suddenly returned to consciousness, her awareness returning to her all at once as she heard voices outside the door. She wagged her tail, realizing that Mal had returned and by the sounds of it, Ben and Uma were with her.

However, her perhaps more important realization was that she was laying in the floor instead of upon the couch where she had been the last time she checked. Evie laid her ears back, confused as to what was going on. She sat up, and her eyes widened in horror as she tried to comprehend what was around her.

It looked like it had snowed in the room, and there in front of her was the same pillow's remains along with the remains of tons of other throw pillows. Evie still couldn't quite piece it together, and when the three humans entered the room, she was still confused as ever.

Mal was laughing at something that Uma had said, and Ben was grinning widely as well. Mal turned her face away from the pirate captain with a grin.

That grin quickly faded away at the sight of the room that was absolutely covered in white fluff and torn fabric. Evie was sitting in the middle of it all, her eyes wide in confusion.

Mal didn't say anything as she stepped forward, gaping at it all with her fists clenched. Evie stood up, looking around and bringing her trusting gaze back to her best friend. She knew that Mal would be able to explain all of this.

"Mal, what is going on? What is this?" Evie questioned, and Mal's gaze slowly met her own, and Evie could've sworn she saw a flash of fury in the other girl's eyes.

"There's... stuffing everywhere. What happened?" Evie prodded, trying to comprehend it fully as she was still absolutely baffled by it all. Mal's nostrils flared as her eyes narrowed while she watched the dog. Evie paused, suddenly realizing just how upset that Mal appeared.

"Hey, M? Are you okay?" Evie asked, tilting her head as she eyed the girl before her, her eyes glowing with that sisterly affection.

It was then that Mal broke fully.

"Am I okay? Am I okay?! You did not just ask that!" Mal cried disbelievingly as she walked a little further in the room, positively fuming. There were a few seconds of silence before Mal completely lost all semblances of calm.

"Honest to goodness, you have been nothing but irritating and badly behaved since this whole thing started," Mal boomed, and Evie flinched at the volume of her voice.

Meanwhile, Ben and Uma just stood to the side, watching Mal quietly and not really knowing what to say to help the situation. Ben looked ready to run, and Uma was watching the two concernedly, her jaw set firmly.

"Mal..."

"You make this mess!" Mal exclaimed, and Evie suddenly noticed the stuffing that was stuck on a tooth. She used her tongue to push it out, and she watched blankly as the fluff fell to the ground. If possible, Mal became even more mad at the sight.

"You ran out in front of Ben and nearly killed yourself, you crapped in the yard and took forever to decide where, you licked my face with your tongue covered in toilet water, you shed all over my couch, you tore down an entire pet store and got us kicked out, and worst of all, you used my spell book!"

"How stupid is that? What in the world would possess you to ever do that?!" Mal yelled, and Evie looked at the mess around her, not knowing how it happened but knowing that the dog must have took over her again.