Urban Cowgirls Part 14

Summary: The girls have gotten fed up with the boys' constant teasing, and they make a bet: the boys pick a place, and the girls will stay there for several days, doing just fine and not chickening out, which will prove their strong independence. Naturally, the place was not what the girls bargained for. Full of friendship feels among the girls with Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, and Jarlos thrown in.

   "Seriously, you guys, I feel better than ever before. I don't know what he gave me at the hospital, but I feel like Wonder Woman," Evie told them, practically bouncing as she got out of the car in a flourish.

Mal shared a somewhat bedraggled glance with Uma, wishing that the bluenette would shut up. Between her nervous breakdown about the shot and her painkillers--- that were obviously too strong, by the way--- Evie hadn't stopped talking since they got in the car. And she was talking when they got lunch at a fast food restaurant. And she was talking the whole way back.

And Mal honestly wasn't sure how much more she could take of this.

"It's a true miracle, you know. I could take on the world right now," Evie explained to them, but stepped a little too hard on her right foot and she winced hard.

"Well, maybe not the world. Let's settle for the nation," Evie amended, and she turned to Mal with a giant grin.

"We're all glad you're feeling better, but could you please not feel so good for about five seconds? I need to empty my ears after the overload of words that have went into them," Uma told the bubbly girl. Evie just smiled at her happily, staying silent for a moment and Mal heard Evie counting under her breath.

Mal rolled her eyes at Evie's ridiculousness, noticing that George and Anne were coming out of the farmhouse to see them.

"Oh, look! There're our favorite friends! How are you guys?!" Evie cried out to them, waving excitedly as they approached.

"You sure we couldn't get her jaw locked?" Uma asked, and Mal just elbowed her since the pirate hadn't used as much discretion as she had before, and Evie could possibly hear her. Of course, the elbowing was half-hearted, because by now, Mal was ready for Evie to shut up at all costs. She loved the girl, but good grief, she could be positively irritating with all of the incessant blabber.

Audrey came over to the other side of the car, her nostrils flared and her eyes having a positively crazed look to them. Ultimately, she seemed like she might start tearing her hair out at any moment.

"You ain't looking so good," Uma pointed out unhelpfully after a moment. Audrey's gaze snapped to Uma's own, and Uma looked a bit worried as the princess glared at her.

"I don't know if I'm going to make it for the rest of the day, much less the rest of this bet," Audrey proclaimed to Uma and Mal.

Even sweet, innocent Jane seemed like she had enough of Evie's yammering, her miserable face telling all that they needed to know.

"Hey, Anne! Hey, George! I lived to see today!!!" Evie called, and Mal resisted the urge to facepalm after Evie's statement.

"Good for you, dear," Anne replied as they grew closer, and Evie smiled widely as she clasped her hands in front of her.

"I didn't bleed out or get lockjaw and die! Gosh, imagine if I would've gotten lockjaw! I would have probably fell over and died just from not being able to talk! Can you imagine what a day that would have been?" Evie marveled aloud, a sparkle in her eye as she looked at the old people. They shrugged at her, nodding along as they realized that she was very obviously on some sort of painkiller.