Urban Cowgirls Part 16

Summary: The girls have gotten fed up with the boys' constant teasing, and they make a bet: the boys pick a place, and the girls will stay there for several days, doing just fine and not chickening out, which will prove their strong independence. Naturally, the place was not what the girls bargained for. Full of friendship feels among the girls with Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, and Jarlos thrown in.

   "So... let me just say that this has been officially the longest, but also the best week of my life," Evie started, relaxing against the side of the barn as she started the conversation.

"I will miss all of the animals and people that live here just the exact moment that I leave tomorrow morning," Evie expressed sweetly, feeling her heart warm at the thought of the wonderful beings she had the pleasure of meeting.

"It's been super fun. Even the near-death experiences and the more disgusting moments that involved... feces," Evie attempted to elegantly address.

"I think that it all will serve to enrich us in the end," Evie acknowledged wisely and calmly, her chocolate, caramel colored eyes looking out at the horizon. However, a small frown came onto her face as she considered her next words.

"So please... Please. Please, don't bite me on the butt again," Evie implored, looking down at the goose that was standing there beside her as she raised an eyebrow at it. It tilted its head to better stare her down as she spoke.

"It's my last official full day here, and I wanted to have at least one happy memory with you and me."

The goose honked at her, and Evie took in a breath to continue when she suddenly heard a rustle behind the barn door. Evie glanced at it, and her eyes widened as her sister's head poked out from between the door and the doorway.

"You aren't seriously talking to the goose, are you?" Mal questioned, and Evie offered her a large grin as she cast one last warning glance in the goose's direction.

"Of course not."

"Okay, because you know, the last time you did that, he got you anyway," Mal informed her, and Evie just smiled widely as Mal leaned into her fondly, looking at the horizon with her.

"Last day... You ready to take it on?" Mal questioned, shifting her gaze to the bluenette. Evie rested her head against Mal's as she contentedly closed her eyes, just enjoying the other girl's presence.

Ever since last night, Mal had made a point to get closer to Evie and allow herself to be even more openly loving than she usually was. Evie knew that she was expressing her repentance, but she was unashamedly enjoying the attention that it brought to her. After all, Evie was very much a hugger, and she loved affection quite possibly more than anyone else in the whole group.

"Definitely," Evie expressed, completely sure of herself. She knew she could take anything on when she had Mal by her side.

"Girl, I'm serious. I'll bet you twenty bucks that you're going out to that chicken pen. And I'll bet another ten that you find a snake," Uma's voice suddenly sounded off, and Audrey, Uma, and Jane started out the door, accompanying Evie and Mal.

"Yeah, sure. I bet that I won't."

"What amount, princess?" Uma questioned, and Audrey just huffed at her, but Evie could easily see that the brunette was enjoying Uma's easy bantering with her.

"Ladies don't bet money, Uma," Audrey replied simply as they started to amble toward the farmhouse. Evie watched the goose carefully to ensure that he wasn't planning any sneak attacks, and Evie noted with satisfaction that he didn't seem to be following her at all.