April Fool's Accidents

Summary: Jay's been receiving congratulations all day, and doesn't know why. When Audrey reveals why, he is surprised. However, they are both surprised when the prank turns on them in the most surprising but sweet way possible. Jaudrey or Jay x Audrey.

The first time it happened that day, it was with Carlos.

Carlos and Jay had been practicing hard that day at the school's Tourney field, a tradition they had kept up ever since they had graduated Auradon Prep. Carlos and Jay had been timing each other and trying to train in running faster. So far, Carlos had managed to improve his time by five seconds, and Jay had managed to improve by shaving off an entire ten seconds.

Ultimately, it had been a very productive day, and Jay felt good. Tired, but good.

"Hey, bro! Congrats! It's a real honor," Carlos suddenly told Jay as they were leaving practice at the Tourney field, reaching over and patting Jay on the shoulder fondly. Jay tilted his head slightly, not sure what the boy was even talking about, but figuring that he would humor him, Jay smiled kindly.

"Thanks, dude," Jay nodded to him, not sure what he was thanking the boy for, but sure it must have been something good. After all, why would he be getting congratulations for it? It simply made sense to accept whatever it was with grace.

"I'll bet you're excited," Carlos grinned, and Jay narrowed his eyes a bit in confusion, trying to figure out what the boy was even talking about now that the de Vil had elaborated on his earlier statement.

Jay started to speak up, but before he could, Carlos bounded off, waving to him as he headed for his Mini Cooper yelling something about having to go with Jane somewhere.

Jay furrowed his brow, but ultimately decided to let it go.

After all, it couldn't have been anything too important.

.....................................................................................................................

The second time it occurred, Jay was strolling through the castle grounds in search of Audrey's bracelet that she had supposedly lost on their walk the other night.

He was lost in his own thoughts, strolling through the grass as he looked about the route that he had taken with his wife. Jay suspiciously eyed the tree nearby where they had stopped to rest.

Well... They had actually gotten a bit distracted in kissing one another, but it was most certainly only momentary, and he hadn't done anything to dislodge the bracelet. Or at least he didn't think so.

Nevertheless, Jay strode over to the tree, trying to see if there was anything at its base where she had been pressed against it. He couldn't see anything in the grass, but as he came back from around the other side of it, he was exceedingly shocked to see Harry Hook and Uma standing there staring at him.

Harry had an eyebrow raised as he had that exceedingly frustrating smirk that was so smug and always made Jay want to punch it off of him, and Uma was just surveying Jay with a look that was strangely soft but still very much her.

"Okay... Stalker alert," Jay spoke somewhat awkwardly, really not knowing how to deal with the two of them since they weren't really people that Jay conversed with very often.

"You looking for something?" Harry questioned suddenly, withdrawing his hook hand from behind his back as he exhibited what was on the end of it. Jay narrowed his eyes as he spotted the exact bracelet that he had been searching for so intently. Harry shook it tauntingly, and Jay glared at him angrily.