Reacquisition of Property

Summary: When Evie goes to reclaim one of her mother's jewels from Uma's first mate, she discovers that it will not be quite as simple as she originally anticipated. For this is no average victim of her routine seduction. Hevie and maybe a tiny tad of Huma if you're into wishful thinking. Yet another of the disconnected oneshots that have no influence on my main stories. Except for it is maybe lightly mentioned in "Girls' Trip" when Mal's trying to embarrass Evie.

A blue-clad form peeked out from behind the corner, looking to see if the captain of the fine ship docked just in front of her was anywhere nearby.

To her relief, there was absolutely no one there besides the crew and a few other stragglers that didn't particularly belong to any group. The bluenette scanned the pier and smiled to herself as she homed in on the sight of Harry Hook standing there on the ship, surveying the other guys who were working.

However, a particular aspect of this view especially caught her eye. He was toying with a gigantic jewel in the hand that was not covered with the hook belonging to his father. It was perfect.

Evie took one more look around before stepping outside of her hiding place. She shook her head for a moment, not believing that she was doing this, and especially without Mal and the other two. But they had assured her that she would be fine since they knew that Uma was scheduled to be out that day doing something on the Isle.

Evie began her trek down to the boat and sighed as she went over her mental checklist.

She would first find any information that she could for Mal and their gang.

And most importantly she would obtain the jewel that Uma's crew had stolen from her mother. By any method of persuasion.

The part about stealing the jewel was probably the most difficult of her objectives, and Evie couldn't help but wish that Jay would just sneak into Uma's ship and steal it when no one was awake or looking. But when her mother got in one of those moods where she wanted what she wanted right then, there was certainly no disputing her. She couldn't even wait until that night for what she wanted.

Evie headed down the rattling stairs, hoping that they wouldn't fall through underneath her weight, and stepped onto the platform nearby the ship. She looked over at the pirate that was standing not too far from her, hoping to catch his gaze.

Sure enough, before she knew it, he was staring back at her. A wild grin sprung upon his face, and he stalked across the deck and onto the dock where Evie was watching. But not before firmly tucking the prized jewel in the left pocket of his coat. She kept the disappointment off of her face. It was going to be infinitely more difficult to swipe it from him now.

"Ahoy, there, gorgeous," he wolf-whistled at her and Evie resisted the urge to roll her eyes in response. He moved in closer, officially stepping into the berth that she mentally considered her seducing circle.

"What brings a scrumptious little snack such as yourself to the big-bad wolf's part of town?" Harry asked her, focusing on certain parts of her body for a little longer than she was particularly comfortable with.

"I kind of got lost navigating your territory. Where's Uma?" Evie questioned, the first thing out of her mouth. He stopped, laughing at her before poking out his bottom lip mockingly.

"All business? I'm disappointed."

"Well, a lady's got to do what a lady's got to do," Evie winked, trying to throw him off just a little. She threw in a winning smile just for good measure, anticipating his sudden transformation into putty in her hands.