Problematic Parental Pow-Wow

Summary: Adam and Belle want to talk with their Ben's new girlfriend alone. So naturally, Mal enlists Evie's help to assist her in what will most assuredly be a horribly awkward situation. Some Bal, slight Core Four feels, and mostly Mal and Evie friendship feels.

   Mal stormed into her and Evie's dorm, groaning deeply. Evie looked up from her position reading a book on the bed as Mal hurried over to her. Evie just stayed silent, watching the girl as Mal flopped down beside Evie face-first.

Mal groaned again as she closed her eyes, burying her face in the mattress. Before she knew it, Evie's fingers were combing through her hair gently, and she felt Evie's presence much closer than it was just a moment ago.

Currently, Mal was having a horrible, no good, very bad day. And it was all thanks to Belle and Adam. Since Ben and Mal had begun to start dating, they wanted to have an opportunity to talk with Mal about her and her relationship with Ben.

So, as a result, Mal was scared, irritated, and in an overall very nervous mood.

They were quiet for a long time before Evie spoke up finally.

"What happened?" Evie questioned, and Mal just grumbled something that even Mal herself didn't expect to make sense. Mal could hear Evie's slight sigh.

"Can I possibly hear that in English?" Evie asked patiently, and Mal turned her face to the side, moving her face so that her nose was now crunched against the side of Evie's leg.

"It's horrible," Mal told her, and Evie's fingers stroked the skin along the side of Mal's head before they retreated back into Mal's hair.

"What's horrible?"

"Beast-Man and Ring-My-Bell want to see me," Mal informed Evie, and Evie snorted at Mal's names. Of course, they weren't new. Mal had been referring to Ben's parents that way since they moved to Auradon. It was definitely not something she said in front of Ben, but when it was just her and one of the Core Four, she let loose.

"Any idea why?" Evie questioned, and Mal squirmed closer to Evie, writhing about until her head was on Evie's lap and she was looking up into Evie's face upside-down. Evie's eyebrow was raised, and the smallest hint of a smile was pulling at the corners of her lips.

"They've invited me to a grilling session at this restaurant," Mal started, and Evie nodded easily as she considered the words.

"An appropriate place to do it," Evie acknowledged, and Mal allowed herself a laugh.

"Yeah, tell me about it. But they want to find out if I'm worthy to date Ben, E!" Mal proclaimed, exposing the ultimate issue that she was experiencing with this entire ordeal. Evie's smile disappeared as her warm, loving brown eyes locked with Mal's green ones.

"Did they say it like that?" Evie questioned worriedly, all hints of joking gone, and Mal shook her head with a sigh, enjoying the way Evie was stroking her head.

"No, but that was the implication. Y'know, since they wanted to talk to me alone," Mal emphasized the last word, and Evie just smiled lovingly at Mal as her eyes glowed with adoration.

"Of course you're worthy to date Ben, M. He's the one that's not worthy to date you," Evie told Mal cutely with a wink but also with plenty of seriousness in the undertones of her voice.

"I know that, but they don't seem to see things that way," Mal expressed, and Evie just smiled gently.

"Especially Beast-Man. That dude's like the worst! I don't think he fully transformed from Beast mode or something because he's a serious hard nose," Mal complained and Evie laughed at the girl.