Genevieve Labrador Part 5

Summary: Evie and Mal are looking for Mal's spell book that Celia has stolen again when a certain mishap occurs... A hairy mishap that Mal and Evie very unfortunately have to deal with. Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, Jarlos, and Core Four feels with a special emphasis on Evie and Mal's sisterly/best friend relationship.

   "Okay, we're here," Mal announced, turning to look at Uma in the backseat and Evie sitting there in the passenger seat. It was rather humorous. Evie wouldn't let Uma sit in the front because Evie wanted to be able to see everything that was going on while Mal was driving her vehicle.

"I'm going to go in, and you guys can stay out here in the car," Mal informed them, and Evie huffed, shifting in her seat.

"I want to go in!" Evie expressed, and Mal shook her head, negating Evie's request.

"You can't go in. You're a dog," Mal informed her simply, pointing out the obvious errors in her best friend's logic.

"But I'm not really a dog," Evie laughed disbelievingly, shaking her head with a grin and a pant.

"E. You seriously are going to argue this point?" Mal questioned, staring at Evie with a completely unimpressed expression. Evie at least had the good graces to look just a bit sheepish, but she ultimately remained firm in her resolve.

"Anyway, you guys are staying in here regardless," Mal announced, closing the entire conversation from any further debate. Evie immediately pouted and rested her head on the door panel as she looked out the window sourly.

"Nope. We ain't," Uma informed the purple-haired girl shortly. Mal tilted her head slightly, ready for whatever reason that Uma had thought of.

"Why not?"

"Because you're leaving me out here with this whiny, irritating dog that's going to drive me crazy until you come back and we leave."

"Fine. You go in and get the stuff. We need some-"

"I suck at remembering stuff on a list," Uma bluntly stated, leaning back she spotted a pair of sunglasses tucked in one of the pockets on the back of the front seats. Mal shrugged, willing to work with the other girl.

"Okay, then. I'll text you what Carlos sent me," Mal pulled out her phone, starting to type something to the pirate captain.

"How about I just don't want to go in?" Mal let her hand drop in frustration as she glared at Uma.

"You don't want to stay out here with her, and you don't want to go in. This can't work."

"I dunno. Make it work. You like being the boss," Uma finally reached over, grabbing the sunglasses and placing them on her face with a satisfied smile.

Mal furrowed her brow as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"We can't all go in. Dogs aren't ever allowed in Walmart under any circumstances unless they're..." Mal quietly looked between a calm, albeit sulking Evie and a sunglasses-clad Uma. Uma raised an eyebrow, suddenly worried about what Mal had thought of.

Mal grinned widely, all of her teeth showing in an expression of enjoyment of her pure wicked genius.

"I've got an idea."

After a few moments, Uma, Mal, and Evie were heading toward the front doors of the Walmart.

"You do realize that this is never going to work, don't you?" Uma asked Mal as they started into Walmart with Evie in her harness and her new leash rigged so that it slightly resembled the traditional setup for a blind person.