Dearest Mom-Sister-Friend-Thingy

Summary: Four moments that Evie has been like a mother to Mal and one time that Mal tells her how she feels about her. An abundance of sisterly/best friend feels with Mal and Evie.

Thank you so much to @Descendantsfan03 for helping me brainstorm and giving me the idea in the first place! :)

  "Are you enjoying your present?" Evie questioned with a slight raise of her eyebrow, a smile playing upon her face easily as she looked over at her sister and best friend. Mal nodded emphatically as she sucked the chocolate off of her fingers before eagerly diving into the next strawberry.

It was Valentine's Day, and naturally, because it was such a big deal to Evie to share it with everyone whether it be romantic or familial and because it was their first in Auradon, Mal made sure to celebrate it with her. This time, Mal had given Evie a package of Oreos, and Evie had gotten Mal a ton of chocolate-covered strawberries.

Hence the humongous mess that was covering Mal's fingers and face that Evie currently found to be so entertaining.

"Yeah, this is just... Mmm, scrumptious," Mal proclaimed, her mouth stuffed with fruit and sugary sweetness as she lovingly eyed her best friend. Evie just chuckled a bit as she shook her head slightly.

"Seriously, it's wonderful, E. Thank you very much," Mal told Evie, wiping her mouth from where a bit of the strawberry juice was starting to ooze. Evie grinned widely in reply.

"I could tell. You're making a bit of a mess," Evie pointed out, and Mal paused slightly to look at Evie curiously, wondering just how gross she was. But she couldn't stop for long before she started trying to stuff her face again. Evie laughed as she rolled her eyes.

"M, come here, you've got something on your face," Evie pointed out, and Mal immediately froze as Evie grabbed a napkin and dabbed at Mal's cheek caringly, taking Mal's chin in her other hand as she tried to hold the faerie in place.

"You know, M, you're sometimes as bad as Carlos," Evie scolded halfheartedly, and Mal looked at her sister's face as Evie furrowed her brow a bit, focusing intensely on her task.

After a moment, Evie seemed to realize that Mal was looking at her, and she met the faerie's gaze curiously, offering a somewhat awkward smile before concentrating more on cleaning Mal's pale skin.

"What?" Mal blinked, looking down as she broke her stare.

"Nothing."

"Are you sulking about being like Carlos?" Evie questioned, a sparkle in her eyes as she asked this, and Mal immediately scrunched her nose as she pulled her chin from Evie's grasp huffily.

"No," Mal replied insistently.

Truthfully, Mal was actually completely baffled by the care that she had just been lucky enough to enjoy from Evie. However, it had also deeply touched Mal that Evie had treated her with such gentleness and kindness.

It wasn't that Mal thought Evie wouldn't do something like that. After all, if the bluenette was anything, she was caring, kind, thoughtful, and doting.

It just wasn't often that Mal received such tender loving care. It was something that she had never gotten in her life. But thinking back on it, any time that she had even received a shred of that had been when Evie had given it to her.

The only reason Mal had pulled away was because she wasn't quite sure how to handle the giant influx of emotions that overwhelmed her in that moment. It was a huge glow of admiration and care for Evie, and it was somehow even stronger than usual. It completely threw Mal off.