Genevieve Labrador Part 9

Summary: Evie and Mal are looking for Mal's spell book that Celia has stolen again when a certain mishap occurs... A hairy mishap that Mal and Evie very unfortunately have to deal with. Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, Jarlos, and Core Four feels with a special emphasis on Evie and Mal's sisterly/best friend relationship.

   Ben carried Evie carefully inside the veterinarian's office, her injured foot dangling below her safely so that she didn't have to touch the ground and hurt it further. Ben nodded to Mal and Uma before heading over to a nearby chair to sit down with Evie in his lap. The two girls continued ahead, approaching the desk where the receptionist was seated and typing on her computer.

The receptionist at first didn't pay any attention to them, and Mal patiently waited for a few moments. However, when it became apparent that the lady obviously wasn't going to listen any time soon, Uma cleared her throat with an eyebrow raise, successfully drawing the woman from her attentions dedicated to the computer.

"Hello- Queen Mal!" the woman gasped, immediately gathering herself to her feet and attempting a curtsy. Uma rolled her eyes, and Mal resisted the urge to laugh at the ridiculousness of the sight of the lady dressed in her vet help wear trying to be royal. Mal shook her head, waving her hand in an attempt to get the woman to stop.

"Don't worry, no need for that. I just need some help with my pet," Mal told her, sending a careful glance in Evie's direction to gauge her reaction. Uma just huffed, completely unimpressed with the lack of attention to the fact that she was Captain of the Guard.

Due to her enhanced listening abilities as a result of her new form, Evie had indeed heard Mal's statement, and she was glaring at her with indignance as she regarded the faerie. Mal shrugged at her, throwing a hand up. Honestly, what was she supposed to say? That the big charcoal-colored Labrador that the King was holding was really the Royal Advisor turned into a pooch?

Mal knew she couldn't keep the secret, but it was still easier to just wait for Evie to speak and consequentially explain the situation rather than trying to tell the lady right up front.

"Of course, your majesty! How can I help you?" the receptionist concernedly addressed her, poised and ready to help in any way she could.

"Y'know, I am here, too," Uma proclaimed as she glared at the other two girls. The woman barely glanced at Uma, and instead kept her starstruck gaze upon Mal. Mal shot Uma a warning glance before bringing her eyes back to the woman. Mal then smiled gratefully and pointed behind her at Ben and Evie that were seated not too far off.

"That's my dog Evie. She managed to get away from me and she chased my husband on his vehicle. He couldn't-"

"It was a moped," Uma supplied unhelpfully, and Mal closed her eyes, breathing out carefully before continuing.

"He couldn't avoid her, and he accidentally ran over her paw. I don't know if it's broken or not, but she can't put any weight on it and I wanted to bring her here to help her if something is wrong," Mal explained. The lady nodded her head as she actively typed away at her computer.

"Sure, that's how it went," Uma murmured wickedly, and Mal just glared at her in an attempt to get her to shut her mouth before they received any questions they didn't need. Uma just grinned evilly as she enjoyed her attempts at embarrassing Ben even though he wasn't close enough to hear. Maybe it was embarrassing Mal for Ben.

Since the drive to the veterinarian's office, Uma had recovered from her graveness and utter fear for the dog upon realizing that she would be alright. Since then, she had tried to crack jokes and make light of the situation in an attempt to bring up everyone's spirits.