Breathless

Summary: Audrey is a princess, way above a VK that is obsessed with thievery. However, when that very VK seems to find a sudden interest in her, Audrey is left struggling with her feelings about the said Villain Kid. An Audrey-centric fic that is about her struggle with her feelings for Jay after he kisses her. It's Jaudrey, or whatever the fandom's calling it.

   "Where're you going, Princess?" Audrey immediately cut her eyes over at the thief that was currently leaned against the wall, a smirk on his face as he regarded her.

"It's none of your business, the last time I checked," she retorted harshly, avoiding his gaze and continuing on her way with her nose high in the air. She was better than that. If anyone saw her conversing with this... VK, then she would be the laughingstock of Auradon Prep. The daughter of Princess Aurora consorting with the son of Jafar? Her reputation would be utterly ruined.

It wasn't that she didn't think he was attractive. Anyone could easily notice that. It was a really good thing that she had a switch on her girliness. Otherwise, just a glance and a grin would melt her on the spot.

But no. Princess Audrey of Auradon would never allow herself to sink to such a level. The entire school would make fun of her because of her initial reaction to the VK's and that thought alone terrified her. Not fitting in scared Audrey. Not being loved by all who saw and met her terrified Audrey.

Sure, Mal hating her didn't really bother her that much, but Mal was the daughter of her mother's villain, so it was appropriate that Audrey didn't get along with Mal.

Everyone else in the kingdom, however, was a very different story. The most important thing she had learned as a princess was to remain in good graces with the public, or they would spitefully ridicule and tear apart one's heart before one's very eyes.

"Feeling feisty today, huh?" Oh, no. He was following her now, his handsomely muscled form keeping up with her easily. Well, at least no one was around to see them walking together.

She allowed herself to barely look over at him and roam the expanse of his bare arm that was nearest to her. Audrey, to her own immense frustration, had earlier subtly took in the fact that he was wearing shorts and a tank top- a very unusual outfit for him. And she couldn't help but admire the skin it exposed.

Upon the realization that she was staring a little more than she should, she averted her gaze and huffed.

"Don't you have some other girl's day to go ruin?" Audrey snapped, continuing on as she ignored the prickle of guilt that chipped the walls surrounding her carefully guarded heart. She couldn't let herself feel for him. It would just make things harder. She wouldn't be able to so effectively resist his advances and presence.

"You wound me. I thought I was the highlight of your day. You're certainly the highlight of mine," Jay charmingly quipped, keeping his eyes on her face. Audrey firmly refused to look at him.

"Honestly, I don't know why you insist upon following me around every morning. It's Saturday, you creep! Can't you take a rest?!" Audrey demanded, keeping her gaze stubbornly focused in front of her.

"Maybe you're just pretty to watch," he dared to remark. Audrey almost lost her cool with that particular line. She had to strongly push down that tiny frustrating flutter in her stomach in favor of the anger that she wanted to have in response to his audacity.

"Leave me alone," Audrey told him, attempting to effectively send him on his way.

"Do you really want me to?" Jay asked her, maneuvering so he was in front of her and so that she was forced to stop. She kept her gaze locked on his shoulder so she wouldn't have to see his face as she stepped around him.