Girls' Trip Part 10

"WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER!!!" Mal was shaken from her position sleeping against Evie's shoulder and she felt a big grin come onto her face at the sound of that very familiar voice.

She must have been asleep longer than she thought. The last thing she remembered was her and the other four sitting on the benches and deciding to rest since they got so little sleep the previous night.

"I couldn't give two flippin' pancakes about what she definitely without question did not do, I asked where is she?!!!" Hades' voice carried throughout the entire police station and everyone else in the cell with her was starting to wake up, too, knowing that they were surely about to be saved.

"I don't think I've ever been so glad to hear your daddy," Uma told Mal with a good-natured laugh.

"Florian, mind your own business and explain to these people who that perfect, innocent little angel is!" Hades shouted angrily just before he burst through the door to the hall leading to their holding cell.

Mal stood up and wrapped her fingers around the bars, unable to keep the smile off of her face at the sight of him.

Hades' eyes widened and he practically ran the rest of the way down the hall. He took her face in his hands, surveying her carefully and quietly as he checked for any damage

"Hey, baby girl," Hades greeted, pressing his forehead against the metal bars and allowing his hands to slip from her face in favor of placing them on her own hands on the bars.

"What happened to perfect, innocent little angel?" Mal teasingly questioned. Hades chuckled under his breath, rolling his eyes.

"It was in the heat of the moment, okay?" Mal simply let out a sharp bark of laughter at his statement, but she quickly sobered, looking at him with a more quiet and calm emotion.

"I'm really glad you're here," Mal expressed with a sincere smile. Hades nodded in response, squeezing her hands gently.

Jay, Carlos, Harry, and Gil poured in through the door and the other girls stood up quickly to greet them.

Mal moved away from Hades to greet Jay and Carlos, and Evie sidled up to her. The girls reached between the bars and laced their fingers with the boys'.

"How did you end up in jail?!" Carlos questioned, laughing as he looked at the two of them.

"It was a big misunderstanding," Evie bashfully admitted with a wide grin as she squeezed Jay's hand gently, her other arm wrapped around Mal's waist.

"It must've been gargantuan," Jay joked and the four shared a laugh. Mal and Evie backed away so Jane and Audrey could see their boys.

Jane hurried over and squeezed Carlos' biceps through the bars, explaining from the very beginning everything that had happened to the five of them throughout the trips.

Audrey rushed to Jay, grabbing his jacket and pulling him against the bars.

"Kiss me," Audrey cried, puckering her lips the best she could between two of the metal rods. Jay chuckled at her and returned the kiss, however strange it felt.

"I love you!" Audrey exclaimed suddenly and sucked in a breath in shock at herself. She subtly gauged Jay's expression. She had never said that aloud to him before, and she couldn't help but feel a little strange upon the admission.

"I love you, too," he told her, nuzzling her nose in the space between. Audrey felt her heart flutter pleasantly and something warm increasingly rising in her chest as she enjoyed having him as close as the bars allowed.