Irreplaceable

Summary: Mal has been spending an increased amount of time with Uma. Evie's okay with this. What Evie's not okay with is that they purposefully exclude her from every activity as of late and when Mal's forgotten all about Evie on Evie's birthday, Evie loses all semblances of okay. Primarily Evie and Mal sisterly/best friend feels, some Core Four family feels, and hints of Jaudrey, Bal, and Huma.

   "You are not serious," Mal spoke, shaking her head as she lay there on the couch, her head in Evie's lap comfortably as Evie read aloud a post from Auragram.

"Yes. I am. She really said that she is the fairest of them all. So dramatic. I wonder who in their right mind would say that all the time," Evie joked, hinting at how she was on the Isle, and Mal snorted at her.

It was a Saturday, and Evie had come over to see Mal at her and Ben's castle as Evie did all the time. Her and Mal were comfortably relaxed, simply enjoying their time together as they talked about everything and anything. At this point, they were on the topic of the stupidity of Sarah White and how she portrayed herself on her Auragram page.

"Yeah. I wonder." They both shared a laugh, reveling in how they had both changed so much from the people that they used to be.

"You know, that all seems so far away, doesn't it?" Mal questioned, and Evie hummed softly in agreement as she looked down at her best friend.

"It really does. But I must say, you have grown into a beautiful, strong young woman," Evie complimented her younger sister, tucking a strand of hair behind Mal's ear. Mal smiled at her, closing her eyes as she enjoyed Evie's gentle touch. Evie absently ran her fingers through Mal's hair. Mal had been growing it out and Evie was immensely appreciative of that fact. Mal needed some long hair. That way Evie and Dizzy had more options when Mal wanted it styled.

However, before they could talk any longer, there was a knock at the door. Mal didn't move at all, never opening her eyes until there was another knock.

"Are you going to go and get that?" Evie questioned, laughing at Mal as she never made a single move to get up and answer the door.

"No. You're comfy to lay on. I'm fine," Mal told her, and Evie just shook her head fondly as she stroked Mal's head. Mal just snuggled deeper into Evie.

"Yo! Let me in!" Uma called loudly from outside the door, and Mal got up from Evie immediately, heading over for the door. Evie furrowed her brow but largely brushed it off. After all, it didn't really bother her that Mal was so excited to see Uma, despite how she had just acted like Evie was more important before Uma came into the picture.

Evie turned on the couch, watching as Mal opened the door and received Uma warmly.

"What's going on?" Mal asked, a big grin on her face, and Evie tilted her head slightly, watching the exchange with a happy smile.

"Well, actually, I need you to come with me. I got this thing I need some help with," Uma told her, and Evie raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Sure, let's do it," Mal told her.

"What's the thing?" Evie asked sweetly, looking at her sister and the pirate. They both stopped, looking almost surprised. It was as if Mal had totally forgotten that Evie was there with them.

"Nothing super important," Uma immediately replied, and Mal and Uma shared a grin easily. Evie looked between them curiously, but stood up, starting to approach them as she got ready to accompany them.

"Well, let's go, then," Evie told them, reaching for her purse. Uma shook her head immediately, patting Mal's arm fondly.

"Nah, I kind of need Mal for this one," Uma clarified to Evie, and Evie stopped, gazing at the two former rivals. This was completely strange. They had never excluded Evie from hanging out with them before, and to be honest, it sort of stung.