Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal!

Summary: Evie drags Mal, Jay, and Carlos to go and get their picture taken with Santa Claus at the mall. However, with distractions around every corner, will they ever make it? Family and friendship feels among the Core Four and just the barest hints of Bal.

"C'mon, you guys, we're going to be behind in the line to get pictures with Santa!" Evie almost shouted, her eyes practically sparkling as she pulled Mal along by the wrist and looked back at Carlos and Jay.

The two boys shared a glance but moved a little faster at Evie's insistent gaze. Mal smiled and rolled her eyes at Evie's enthusiasm, but went with it, knowing what a big deal it was to Evie to get those pictures taken.

Since they had fully integrated into Auradonian society, Evie had wholeheartedly committed herself to Christmas customs and mostly spent all year hyping herself and doing her best to hype everyone else around her for the holiday. She loved all of the beautiful lights, the giant bows, and the mysterious presents. More than that, however, she loved giving presents and enjoying quality time with her three most favorite people in the world.

So, the four of them went to the mall to get pictures taken with Santa Claus. Evie had been talking about it for an entire week beforehand, and she had even prepared the four of them gorgeous outfits for the occasion.

The girls were matching in style and the boys matched in their styles. Carlos was wearing a smart suit with a red button-down shirt, a white suit jacket, and black pants along with glittering gold accents. Jay was sporting a handsome gold suit jacket, a white button-down shirt, and black pants with sparkling silvery accents. Mal was showing off with a deep purple, velvety sweater dress that reached her knees along with shining green accents on her black tights and the dress, and she had a gorgeous draping poncho across the top part of her dress. And finally, Evie was sporting an exact copy of Mal's but in deep purple with gleaming red accents.

Evie had undeniably put a ton of work in their outfits just so they could get those sacred photos. Mal really appreciated Evie's hard work, and she felt that the least they all could do was humor the bluenette.

"Do you have any idea how many children get in this line?! We're already late as it is!" Evie emphatically explained, and Jay rolled his eyes behind her back.

"Speaking of, don't you think we're a little too old for-"

Evie immediately looked to Jay with such a childlike look of wonder that he couldn't bring himself to finish his original train of thought for his previous sentence. Her entire face was absolutely glowing with that sweet, loving, innocent expression, and he suddenly felt terrible for even starting to propose such a thing.

"Sucking candy canes?" Jay finished finally, grabbing the end of Carlos' candy cane and pulling it out of his mouth. Carlos furrowed his brow, gaping at Jay offendedly.

"I'll be the judge of that, thank you very much!" Carlos cried, snagging his candy cane from Jay and popping it back into his mouth. Jay raised an eyebrow at him, and Evie looked at Mal, withdrawing a candy cane from the pocket of her elegant blue coat.

"Give this to Jay," Evie told Mal, and the faerie reached back so that Jay could take it from her. Jay hesitantly accepted it and put it in his mouth carefully. He tasted it for a moment, and he nodded his head appreciatively, savoring it.

"See? There you go," Evie encouragingly reassured him, almost as if she were talking to a small child. He shook his head but didn't say anything in favor of enjoying the candy cane.

"E, slow down, I don't really think we should get in such a hurry. There can't be that many kids," Mal expressed, chuckling offhandedly. Evie sighed, and Mal knew that she was about to launch into some explanation as to why they should definitely be moving faster than they currently were.